CVA Accura - The beginning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!

I'll redo the not swabbing test. Im sure i can figure that out, maybe with the 338 platinum or the 348. Or heck, i'll lower the powder charge first.

no luck today with the Winchester w209's. my first 2 shots were far to the right ( i figured something had to change) #2 shot loaded firm and that 2 shot group was 4" and they were both perfectly inline with eachother. So i figured i could wrestle #3 down the bore. Holy smokes was i wrong, i ended up having to take it into the house and after spraying some windex down the bore at both ends, i was able to finally push it out.

You know how some writers say that the Powerbelt bullet does not cut into the grooves of a barrel? Bull crap! I got a bullet sitting here with nice barrel grooves cut into it from loading.

Zero blowby with the W209's even with the heavy 348gr powerbelt i was shooting. The winchester 777's on the other hand are dirty as heck, i think they are worse than the federals.

Tomorrow i will be shooting 70gr (by weight) 3F goex with the 348gr powerbelt and 777 primer. This rifle may be like the Optima i owned and probably will like Pyrodex P (3f) a lot better.

powerbelt003.jpg

yep i am enjoying the rifle a lot. I've even been shooting my flinter after i shoot the accura. Bad thing is i have shot up most of my lighter weigh stuff. I still need to try out the 405s and 444's.

But every darn time i clean the barrel i have it up to the light looking at the rifling :lol: Its pretty

Accura-Day004.jpg

Accura-Day010.jpg

I'll try the Wincheste W209's hopefully tomorrow and will swab between each shot and give it a 5 minute cool down. The first pic was after the second shot and i decided to let the barrel cool down as it was scorching in todays heat.

2 shots was enough to tell me that the W209 shot no better than the 777 primers. They were however a hell of a lot more cleaner than 777 primers.
348-w209001.jpg

Nice'N Clean after 3 shots with the 348's.
348-w209003.jpg

typical crusty pyrodex on the other end. Not an entire lot of build up as i am able to clean a good deal of the BP face when i swab.

Congrats my friend.
That is one purdy rifle.
Good luck with her.

sorry for the triple post, it kept saying debug mode and didn't look as though it went through.

Back