CVA Accura - The beginning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE!!!

Great report and the photos are outstanding. I think I see only 1 thing wrong (please tell me it ain't so) - they didn't make it ambidextrous :( .
Is the stock just as comfortable for a southpaw?

the stock is for a left or right hand person. I tried it both and it feels good either way.

The hammer extension is held in by a hex screw and should be able to mount on the other side for a lefty.

My best group so far today with 100gr RS 338 Platinum and the CCI 209M primers @ 100 yards. Number 3 shot i only ran 2 alcohol patches and left some blackness in there. I believe this rifle is easily capable of a 3 shot 1 hole group. Mind you, this was with open sights!

Sorry when i was resizing the pic i just noticed that the paper flap was covering the #1 shot hole. The whiteout area was an old shot from 2 days ago.

I'll adjust the sight up half a notch and i should be right on target.
Accura-4003.jpg

Well i cleaned out the firing pin area and that was very simple. Ive been shying away as i thought something might pop out and i'd be screwed but it wasnt that way. I noticed they used a rubber/plastic o-ring to help seal it from fouling and it seems to have worked.

i shot another 2" group today at 100 with the 338 platinum. I made new targets as the 4" dot was getting blurry in the late evening so i made a 3" dot and that should do the trick.

I babied it today and took about an hour to clean the barrel,frame and firing pin. I got her shining like new again.

no im going to buy the durasight rail/ring combo. Its only $40 but it looks like i may have to call them and make sure the screws will fit the accura. Read some reviews on cabelas and a couple said they had to call durasight and have them send the correct screws.

well i ran out of the cci 209m's so i went back to the federals and they are a no no. the blowby from these primers is just horrible. The accuracy is tight but with the federal primer, it wants a fouled bore. #1 shot was great but the other 2 dropped down to much for comfort. But they did group excellent.
I also used my 3" black circle target and its perfect now. The previois 4" was just to big and blurry.
Accura-Federal.jpg

my first 6 shots were with winchester w209s but thats all i had left. I will be picking up more primers on tuesday. Along with a ramrod for my kentucky.

i wont know for sure until i see what the winchesters do at 100. If they open up my groups then i'll settle on the cci's

the only primers i can get locally are the winchesters and the T7.
I would like to try teh CCI's but ai am not going to pay the shipping and hazmat to get them here.

:D

Just bought one like yours except I don't have the thumb hole. It's a great ML. I had to put a scope because I had a hard time seeing the sights with my bifocals. ( 2x7 Nikon) Hope your having a great time with it. I sure am. 100 GRS PYRODEX, 295GR POWERBELT AND 209 REM. PRIMERS!!!!!!!

Hawgslayer

picked up the 777 primers today. I walked into the store and thought they were closing down as it was empty! Zero rifle/pistol primers. Very small selection of bullets. I guess firearms and accessories are on shortage as gasoline is. :roll:

Winchester 777 primers are the best so far when swabbing. This is 3 shots from 100 yards this evening.
245atAccura002.jpg

Now dont get all excited. I ran back to the house and grabbed 3 loads and 3 more bullets and shot 3 more without swabbing. They loaded easy with no crud ring but the group isnt what i'd call a group :lol:

I still have the Winchester W209's to try out and see how those do.
245atAccura003.jpg

Latest posts

Back