Considering In-line

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yegnal

Reaction score
I have been shooting a TC New Englander, and it's great. I am however looking to get an in-line muzzleloader for a number of reasons.

I'm considering two TC models;
The Triumph Bone collector equipped with the Speed Breech XT, a 90 degree twist out plug.
The other is the TC Strike which has the Adapt™ Breech System, an outside threaded breech plug. Claims to make cleaning easier.

Wondering if anyone has used or has experience using both breech plug versions, and which comes out on top IYO..

My priority is easier cleaning, but also how easy to take apart with a scope mounted.

I have two T/C Bone Collector inlines. Both shoot acceptably, but I am not a fan of their triggers.
The removable breech plug is two thumbs up.

I am not that familiar with the Stryke series but I also have a T/C Impact. Those are a great rifle for the money, unless you wish to mount a scope. Then the receiver and hammer setup are very unfriendly particularly if you have large fingers. Even my wife hates the hammer with limited space between the eye piece.

Latest posts

Back