Bad day at the range with my new Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Making T/Cs Shoot Well...

Old No7 said:
A few suggestions, which worked wonders on my T/C Omega -- taking it from 5" groups at 50 yards (with a peep sight) -- to 3-in-1-ragged-hole groups at the same yardage:

* Switch to 777 2F loose powder and gain accuracy for the slight loss of convenience -- but also save some $$ too.

* Dump the PowerBelts... End of story -- nothing to debate or discuss.

* Try the "Crushed Rib Sabots" from Harvester Muzzleloading, sized to fit the bullet you select (green or black). Many of us here have great results on paper AND deer with the 250 gr Hornady XTPs. Those crushed rib sabots have helped many a "problem T/C" start shooting well.

As I said, these tips worked on my Omega -- which came close to getting traded or sold off (would have lost my shirt on it too...) -- and you may find these will help you.

Tight groups!

Old No7

What he said. Get rid of the Powerbelts. TCs dont like em. Switch to loose powder and try some Shockwaves. My Triumph is a smokin hot tack driver with 100g loose pyrodex and 250g Shockwaves.

oh i'm pretty sure once his barrel's clean it'll shoot powerbelts fine,but he can shoot better bullets for half the price.jmho.......karl

Back