Back to Black ..horn that is!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHR

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Tried some Fury 275's with BH209 again for a sanity check with this new red dot setup on my Patriot. Using 75 gr, by weight and a veggie wad. Full bore and smooth sized.
20240419_111241.jpg20240419_095414.jpg

Shot an 1 1/2" 6shot group at 100 yards. This plate is 8 3/4" diameter and my supposed 3.3 moa dot takes up about 6 1/2" of the plate but leaves a nice white ring around the dot to tell me I'm centered up on target. Just a little trick I learned years ago when Utah was no magnifying optics before. Works with the old 1x scopes as well.

A Red dot seems like a great setup for up here in the northeast. How do you like it?
For any kind of close in fast action work I don't think they can be beat. You shoot with both eyes open and have great field of view. For longer shots I wish it had a smaller dot. My old Aimpoint has a 2 moa dot that's about perfect.
I took an elk at 209 yards with that dot and had no problem.
One other thing , the rifle sure carries nice without a scope on there!

Last edited:
That's good shooting especially considering your set up. Its amazing how your eye can center so easily on something so far out. I guess god knew what He was doing, huh?

That's good shooting especially considering your set up. Its amazing how your eye can center so easily on something so far out. I guess god knew what He was doing, huh?
Thanks, yes it is amazing how well this works when you are covering so much target yet you can still aim small miss small ! I love doing this stuff.

Latest posts

Back