average doe size harvested

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90-120 pounds is common (field dressed) but I have seen them 145 even.

This weekend we weighed 4. VERY large range, from 45# after gutting to 150#'s live weight. The 45 pounder was the smallest deer we've ever weighed, but will be amazing on the dinner table. I would have to check my notes from last year but I'm guessing adult does here weigh from 110-150 lbs live. 135 would be pretty average.

1 1/2 year old and older does around here usually go 105-110 pound pretty constantly. I've seen bigger but they are rare. This is in Ohio farm country with corn fed deer.

I was at a local gun shop yesterday and was checking out the contest winners in the big buck and doe category. The buck winner was 202lbs. and the doe was 142lbs. (interesting....both shot by the same guy)

I corked a doe 4-5 years ago that dressed out at 150lb and she was huge. Shot one a week ago and she went 115lbs. Probably a bit above average.

Most mature does go 140-150 here. The Maggies ( she-gillas ) will go 160 dressed! :)

I shot my second doe of the year this morning. She weighed 105 lbs. live weight. The one I killed back in October was 90 lbs. These are fairly typical for full grown does here in SW Arkansas.

Here is a big one for our area in mid-Michigan:
nick_doe_07.sized.jpg

Here is what she weighed:
nick_scale_07.sized.jpg
[/img]

Back