Apex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that because you are now waiting for the Apex?

Oh yea but it might be a few months before dealers start stocking them. I see how Bergara barrels are made and there is no way shape or form that these barrels are not superior to anything that is currently made on a muzzleloader in this country. I am not savvy on MUzzleloaders far from it but I know a bit about steel and conventional centerfire hunting rifles land what constitues a good vs bad weapon design. My local dealer has an Accura and it is very nice but this Apex might be even better so I will wait . I am sure not going to throw away 800+ dollars on a TC Encore and then spend 300 to get a centerfire barrel for it along with 100+ for a trigger job. Someone tell me how that makes sense ? I am not going to pay for Greg Ritz commercials. Now others may love their TC's and that is fine , we all have different tastes and that is what makes this country great.

I am sure not going to throw away 800+ dollars on a TC Encore

Me either.......why are they so expensive? There are so many good cheap (new & used) inline guns on the market, I don't see how most of the new stuff sells.

Me either.......why are they so expensive? There are so many good cheap (new & used) inline guns on the market, I don't see how most of the new stuff sells.

Because they spend so much darn money giving all the TV pros new muzzleloaders and endless TV commercials ad nauseam. They have profited by doing this and now own the lions share of the muzzleloader market. They make a fine firearm and my one experience with their CS was a great experience. They are not worth 800 dollars but someone has to pay for their TV time.

Is this still the Apex post? :?:

Sharp looking piece. I hope I don't have to buy one of these too! :?

oldelkhunter said:
Is that because you are now waiting for the Apex?

Oh yea but it might be a few months before dealers start stocking them. I see how Bergara barrels are made and there is no way shape or form that these barrels are not superior to anything that is currently made on a muzzleloader in this country. I am not savvy on MUzzleloaders far from it but I know a bit about steel and conventional centerfire hunting rifles land what constitues a good vs bad weapon design. My local dealer has an Accura and it is very nice but this Apex might be even better so I will wait . I am sure not going to throw away 800+ dollars on a TC Encore and then spend 300 to get a centerfire barrel for it along with 100+ for a trigger job. Someone tell me how that makes sense ? I am not going to pay for Greg Ritz commercials. Now others may love their TC's and that is fine , we all have different tastes and that is what makes this country great.

I have hanlded a few Accura's, and I am afraid I would have to agree with that statement. Those barrels are outstanding, along with the welds, design, fit-and-finish of the rifle. I will admit, I not a fan of the molded in sling studs, the spring steel clip-on ramrod thimbles, which the APEX has at least changed back to the screw-in sling swivel studs. I am a MADE IN USA diehard, but if the Apex is on par with that Accura, that is going to be one helluva muzzleloader/rifle. I for one am glad to see CVA "Turning The Corner", as UC said.

I WANTED SO MUCH for the Knight KP1 to be THE rifle I could buy that would be THE ONE that I would love to have. After inspecting several, while the stock was right, overall I was disappointed. The Encore has never appealed to me asthetically, nor does the Accura asthetically. I just dont like that pistol grip stock on the Encore, nor the goose neck stock on the Accura. The APEX has the type of stock and grip I could really like, I would like to know more about the new breech plug, but those particualars are probably going to be a surprise at the SHOT.

I love the "tip-up" (break open) muzzleloaders, I have a NEF Huntsman, NEF Sidekick, and a NEW H&R Sidekick Magnum. While I love the performance of the NEF Huntsman, and the triggers are the best out-of-the-box that I have ever experienced, there just isn't a real good breech plug available for shooting Blackhorn 209.

Hopefully All the new CVA's will have the Bergara barrels on them, CVA has came a long way, and are a far cry from what they once were. Check one of the Accura's or Apex's out, I think you'll agree. I just wish they were MADE IN USA! :wink:

Almost forgot, I still don't like PowerBelts, and they ARE made in the USA. :?

I WANTED SO MUCH for the Knight KP1 to be THE rifle I could buy that would be THE ONE that I would love to have. After inspecting several, while the stock was right, overall I was disappointed. The Encore has never appealed to me asthetically, nor does the Accura asthetically. I just dont like that pistol grip stock on the Encore, nor the goose neck stock on the Accura. The APEX has the type of stock and grip I could really like, I would like to know more about the new breech plug, but those particualars are probably going to be a surprise at the SHOT.

I was a little disappointed with the Knight KP1 myself...I really like the lines that rifle has.

Latest posts

Back