Range Report: T/C Endeavor and EABCO PeepRib.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbygunner

Reaction score
This is the second chance I had to take out my Endeavor after installing the EABCO PeepRib. I'm going mule deer hunting in Nevada in September, and they do not allow scopes during the muzzleloader season, so the Leupold came off and the PeepRib went on. I'm very impressed with the PeepRib, solid, simple and accurate. I was holding at the six o'clock position on the 4" x 4" square, the load was 110 grains BH 209, 275 grain PBE (with supplied sabot), Rem. STS Primer. Conditions were 80 degrees, sunny and calm with lots of mosquitos! Here are the results:

http://s976.photobucket.com/albums/ae24 ... 000059.jpg

Shot #1 @ 50 yards: Center of Square, just left of center.
Shot #2 & #3 @ 100 yards: Touching, Center of Square, just right of #1.
Shot #4 & #5 @ 150 yards: Top center of square, Right edge of square.

I'm thrilled with this group, at 150 yards that square is awfully small, though I was expecting a drop! If anyone is interested in the PeepRib, I would highly recommend it!

This was the first attempt to attach a picture, guess it didn't work, but the link should. :oops: [/img]

wbygunner said:
This was the first attempt to attach a picture, guess it didn't work, but the link should. :oops: [/img]

That's some great shooting! Do the PBE's with supplied sabot fit a little loose in your Endeavor? They do in mine but they still shoot great even with BH209. So much for the theory that a tight sabot is required.

BTW, when using photobucket and posting pictures here, you have to copy/paste the link for IMG.

SWT, thanks. I'll have to give the image thing another try, I tried to resize it and I made it even smaller and blurrier!

The supplied sabot for the PBE's (I was told they're MMP) are looser in my gun than the short black Harvester sabots I normally shoot, but like you said, they are accurate so I don't question it!

P1000059-1.jpg

One more try!

wbygunner,

That is some outstanding shooting, I wouldn't change a thing. Those 275 gr Traditions APB100's (Parker BE's) with the 3 petal EZ-LOAD sabots are also "slip-fit" in my rifles, but shoot outstandingly well with BH209.

You better take a sharp knife with you, I'm thinking you are going to need it. :D

Good Luck!

Thanks Busta, hopefully in a short two months I'll be posting pics of a nice mulie buck!

Somehow your aim via that peep must be auto-compensating for the drop at 150. Hella good shooting!

Underclocked, yeah I don't get it, I was expecting maybe a 4-5" drop. That box was so small at 150 yards I really don't know where I was truly holding, but I must have been lucky enough to hold there twice!

P1000059.jpg

that really is some great shooting. A deer is going to be hard pressed to escape that.. nice shooting.

Thanks Cayuga. I'm hoping they don't get a chance to escape. I've put in for this tag for 5 years and was lucky enough to draw it. I believe only 3 tags were given out to non-residents for this unit this year!

Back