.58 GMB renegade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
someone on another site posted that TOW had .58 GM barrels in stock so i didn't waste any time and jumped on it.this is the 1"wide 1/70" 32",i started with 90g vol. 2f goex-t/c precut patch lubed with lehigh valley lube and speer .570 ball.this loaded very easy.at 25yds. it hit 4" low and left of the bull.as that one seemed a little loose i tried two prelubed .010 ox-yoke originals patches,these pushed in hard with the starter but went down nice after that.3 shots grouped 2"at 25yds. about 1" low and strung out horz.next i setup at 50yds.and shot one round that was 4" low.so i made my first sight adj. and also upped the goex to 100g vol.sent another downrange that hit 1 1/2" low but center of bull.left the sights alone and sent 3 more at the target.my 4 shot group on this brand new barrel was 1 3/4" :lol: :lol: :lol: for me shooting open sights i can't shoot my.22 much better.i'm thinkin my poor inlines are gonna be lonely come deer season.......karl

Congrats on the purchase Karl, and your quick action. Those barrels they released didn't last long, did they?

i'm thinkin my poor inlines are gonna be lonely come deer season.......karl

I know how you feel. I'm pretty sure my first deer of the 2010 season will be taken with my .58. Dem tings is FUN!

they didn't last long,i checked the next day and they were allready gone.this year will be mostly sidelocks which will include my only other GMB a .50 1/70" on my TC hawken rocklock........karl

My barrel likes 110 grains of 2f Goex powder and a .018 patch with a .570 ball. Although Semisane sent me some .575 ball and I tried them. They shot as good as the store bought. That load would clean the house of any whitetail it comes into contact with.

When you can shoot a group like that out of the box.. you got a heck of a barrel there. NICE SHOOTING

I have the same barrel, only I shoot 3F out of it. I have it in a Hawken stock. I replaced the blued thimbles with original T/C brass thimbles. I also put on the brass sling studs. It's a nice shooting rilfe. One of my favorites.

I got the same barre and put it in a renegade stock and use the same load as cayuga. Since i started using that gun Ive had a .58 cal Hawken built and my inlines see alot of safe time too.

Latest posts

Back