NEW Hornady 50 Cal 300gr InterLock? FPB?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey sorry guys I found the lenght reg in the provisions of the proc. Sorry should have read them before posting. That is lame though.

Just want add I know it's not the same but I have shot a bull elk with a 285 grain Barnes at it performed flawlessly so I would reason that a 250 grain would get the job done just fine with a bullet of the same quality. Just my opinion.

I will be very interested in how accurate they shoot. The 350 is an excellent bullet in all categories where I am concerned they have preformed flawlessly for a number of people in our club, they are a dream to load if you figure out the right way.
The 300 well the idea and design is excellent but the excellent accuracy with the 350 comes because it is a perfect match to the 1-28 twist with that diameter and length changing either is liable to affect accuracy and while the 350 will shoot hole hole groups with a range of loads I fear that the 300 will be more touchy. Lee

Lee 9 said:
I will be very interested in how accurate they shoot. The 350 is an excellent bullet in all categories where I am concerned they have preformed flawlessly for a number of people in our club, they are a dream to load if you figure out the right way.
The 300 well the idea and design is excellent but the excellent accuracy with the 350 comes because it is a perfect match to the 1-28 twist with that diameter and length changing either is liable to affect accuracy and while the 350 will shoot hole hole groups with a range of loads I fear that the 300 will be more touchy. Lee

Very good points, Lee. I guess we will have to wait to find out, since it seem that these bullets might not even be out yet. A call to Hornady may be in order, if someone wants to know for sure.

I have the 350 loaded over 80 gr BH209 right now, it has been excellent on the range and in the field. :wink: I guess time will tell on the 300 grainer?

I was told by Hornady,they will be out in about three months....

Steve

sbuff said:
I was told by Hornady,they will be out in about three months....

Steve

Well, so much for this year. Maybe they were waiting to see if there would be any interest before tooling up? Can't imagine it would take much, since the design is already there in the 350. Just a matter of shortening it up a bit.

Thanks Steve for the info.

Latest posts

Back