Quantcast

WIP my new CVA 35 Whelen sgl shot S/S rifle

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

Mossie

FML Supporter
Just got my 10X Leupold tapered CH dot mounted. No good, have ordered offset rings to get it far enough back. The same problem I've had with my #1s. I've loaded 150 rds of new Win '06 brass with 55 gr 4350 and a 215 gr gas check round nose flat point bullets. Hope to have a few groups to show soon. This rifle is too heavy for me to be a wander up the mountain favorite but should be a shooter. Not being political here, just showing support for my favorite college team the Wyo Cowboys! Go brown and gold!..........Mossie

Attachments

Mofish

Really neat rifle and great caliber for many uses....just not for long range Antelope. You should really enjoy it !

Mossie

FML Supporter
Really neat rifle and great caliber for many uses....just not for long range Antelope. You should really enjoy it !
I've killed the last 4 antelope with a 45 cal UH muzzle loader during regular CF rifle season so I think the 35 would work just fine....mossie

BLK HILLS

I have a 35 Whelen built on a VZ 24 action and it is a solid shooter out to 400 yards. I have never had to shoot anything twice with it. I have never used it for pronghorn but I would not think it would not do the job out to 400.

Respectfully