Postal Match Start

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shooting some n -120 today this is 58 grains all five shots clipped the bottom left of the orange Dot it's not a bad day. 300 grain Arrow Max hand lapped 18 twist Woodman Barrel shop gun

Attachments

• 20240502_131048.jpg
    20240502_131048.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240502_131056.jpg
    20240502_131056.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
The first two bullets went through the same hole they're on the left corner the third bullet is the bullet to the right the next two stacked right in on top of that in the center

It is a very accurate Barrel no muzzle brake it's got some recoil even though it's heavy I'm going to get a five shot one whole group but it was pretty good day today I was worried about the last two shots but they went right in the group

I adjusted my ergonomics a little bit from the other day's group I got a little bit more on top of the gun and had a little bit more downward angle with the recoil signature it really helped

Encore, I should have noted and stated today's group was just the picture on the top ,I happened to be shooting it on the same piece of cardboard that that group was that I entered the other day only the top picture group for five today, I thought it would be nice to have at least five to eight groups that were entered all on the same piece of cardboard so I'm going to save it and try to use it until it's full,, and another quick note today I got really good results with n- 120 and I'm out of 4198 for the most part ,just a little bit for special projects ,but it was nice to get a results like I'm getting with n -120, it's still available.

Broke out the Gibbs again. It's funny, With the elevation bottomed out on the vernier sight, it still shoots about 7 inches high at 100 yds. What I have to do is take a few sighters on a standard 100 yd. target then staple the postal target over the sighters and then go for score. [And hope for the best]
Hunter class score 47 X

Attachments

• DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    658.2 KB · Views: 0
Try to get another group in later in the day a little bit it's hard to hear the bullets for the Roar of the cicadas

Broke out the Gibbs again. It's funny, With the elevation bottomed out on the vernier sight, it still shoots about 7 inches high at 100 yds. What I have to do is take a few sighters on a standard 100 yd. target then staple the postal target over the sighters and then go for score. [And hope for the best]
Hunter class score 47 X
Sounds like you need a taller front sight.
To regulate.
I've had to make sights for different rifles in the past. Or adapt ones.
I like making so I can regulate the height and width.

Back