What do you have on your ML??? Fixed or Variable? Brand?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Burris full field 2x7 that i have used for two years, its clear and i havent had any problems with it. I have dropped it too and didnt have a problem with it.

Leupold rifleman 3-9x40 wide duplex on encore
Old Bushnell trophy(1990ish) 3-9x40 has served me well. Omega x-7

I have a 30 year old 4X Redfield in Redfield JR mounts on my 700ML. I've killed deer out to 135 yards with it, and it was plenty of magnification for the application. It also has plenty of field of view for close shots (especially since I shoot with both eyes open).

I use a Burris 2-7 full-field with the ballistic plex. I usuall have it on 3x or so for hunting. I think a straight 4x would be fine.

2 of them have Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x40's on them, 1 has a S&W (by Hakko) 3-9x42, 1 S&W 1.5-6x38, 1 S&W 4-18x42 AO Mil-Dot (I use this for load developement), 1 Meuller 3-9x40 IGR, and a Simmons Pro-Diamond 2x32 Turkey Scope on my White Thunder Shotgun.

Those S&W (by Hakko) scopes are outstanding glass for the money, they were a $400 to $500 retail, but I paid around $100 to $125 for them. :D

Nikon Omega 3-9X40 with BDC.
It matches the gun perfectly! :D With the "3 pellet" loads,it's spot on at the marked yardages. Ron

This year my Encore got a new 4X32 Zeiss Conquest scope. It is very clear and is a superior low light scope.

One of my CVA guns wears a 3-10 Weaver Grand Slam set on four power. It is also a good scope.

The Leupold FXII 4X33 is another great muzzleloader scope.

LOW is great! (Not only in golf...)

Here's mine...

T/C Omega X7 (shorter/fluted 24" stainless barrel, for those not familiar with this model), with a low-mounted low-powered Leupold 1-4X scope (has heavy duplex) and a 3/8" Scope Eze pad added to the comb.

T-C_Omega_X7_w_Leup1-4X_01_Medium_.jpg

Plenty of room for my thumb to easily/safely access the hammer, for those who may "question" the use of low rings... And plenty of scope for the thick woods on this part of the coast, with the ability to bump up to 4X if needed...

T-C_Omega_X7_w_Leup1-4X_02_Medium_.jpg

She carries, handles, shoots -- and looks :wink: -- great.

All I need now is a big buck with a high score!

Tight groups.

Old No7

leupold vx-1 3-9x40 and 4-12x40, leupold rifleman 2-7x33, several nikon prostaff 2-7x32's and fixed 4x32's, nikon omega BDC 3-9x.

i prefer the 2-7x32's. both the leupold and the nikons in that size are real good scopes for the money, it is hard to pick a winner (although the leupold is parallax adjusted to 100 yds, unlike 75 w/ the nikon. i prefer the leupold in this respect). leupold i do think has a better warranty. i have sent scopes back to them that I screwed up :roll: and they just repair it free of charge and send it right back.

like some have mentioned here, i prefer a small objective scope mounted w/ low rings. hunting, i usually have the scope set at 4x, and 6x at the most if i'm sitting on a field. at the range, i prefer the higher magnifications. the 4-12x is probably my least favorite for hunting, but easily the best for precision shooting at the range.

i really like the nikon prostaff 4x's, but the one downside to them is that they are parallax adjusted at 50 yds. i love the fixed 4x and 6x scopes, but i haven't bought one cause i can get a good quality 2-7x cheaper.

Back