As far as I'm concerned, Carrie Underwood is black listed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I've never been a real fan of her music anyway. There's just something about that "When He Cheats" song that I don't like. Probably the idea that's it promotes women destroying peoples property because their men were so displeased with them that they cheated. But since opening the most recent copy of "American Hunter" Magazine, I have totally written her off and will change the station anytime I hear her from now on.

Here's the article from American Hunter...

UNDERWOOD DONATES TO THE HSUS

"Talk about alienating your base. Some profits from Carrie Underwood's latest single, "Home Sweet Home", are going to benefit the anti-hunting group the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). "[The song is] very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," she says on her official website, "so we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing charity like the HSUS." Underwood has been duped, because the HSUS is not in the business of finding homes for animals. In fact, the HSUS does not own or operate a single animal shelter, despite its many efforts to confuse donors to the contrary. Rather than helping lost puppies, Underwood's donation will benefit a radical "animal rights" organization whose CEO once said, "If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would."

I explained this to my wife and she took Underwood's defense. She said, "So your going to black list her because she donates to the HSUS?" And I said HELL YES! She asked why and I explained to her about the HSUS. Then she said, "So it's her fault that she donated to a charity that helps animals but is also against hunting? Maybe she didn't know they're against hunting." And I said HELL YES! If she's not smart enough to research a charity before donating, then she is be pretty stupid in my opinion. And the same can be said if she actually did research it and knows what the HSUS is all about.

I use to be a Rush Limbaugh supporter until I found out that he too donates to the HSUS.

HSUS = Bad for hunters

Wildlife Land Trust = Bad for hunters

Your wife didn't go out and smash your headlights with a Louisville Slugger, did she? :wink:

Thanks for the info.

there are a lot of organizations out there that are anti something or other. BUT before I support any organization I would think it would be good to know what they represent.

I never cared for her music either. But I have strange tastes in music...

paia said:
Your wife didn't go out and smash your headlights with a Louisville Slugger, did she? :wink:

Thanks for the info.

HAHA! She knows better. :D

paia said:

Thanks for the info.

Or Slash a hole in all 4 tires? :lol: :lol:

frontier gander said:
paia said:

Thanks for the info.

Or Slash a hole in all 4 tires? :lol: :lol:

HAHA! Ohhhh, Maybe next time she'll think before she....... donates...... :lol:

You guys would not belive the sh!t looks I get when I tell my wifes friends certain TV shows never have and never will be viewed in my home such as Opra or the view, that is if my wife still wishes to enjoy having DISH TV, which I have almost no use for as I watch little TV and hate making out that monthly check.

The list of entetrtainors and companies i will not patronize is constantly getting longer. I have not watched a Bond film since the new JB took over from Pierce as he is a quite vocal anti-gunner.

When my best friends father in law died unexpectedly, his family requested no flowers or cards, only donations made to the humain sociaty in his name and left in a box at the funeral home. I quietly did not honor his wishes and given he was such a huge fisherman I made a donation to the local IN. chapter of Salmon Ulimited.

I also gave the same best friend a world class a$$ chewing when he told me he was going to disney world, even though it was his dads treat. I asked him how could he or his father both died in the wool consevatives and devoute Catholics patrinize a company that is actively pro-gay, anti-hunting, and anti-gun.

Far to many people just do not get it when it comes to using their $$$ to affect companies and entertainors who hold all things the same people hold dear in utter contempt.

HAHA! Ohhhh, Maybe next time she'll think before she....... donates...... :lol:[/quote] That's funny. :lol:

Back