What happened to my post?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batchief909 said:
Guys,,,,let's put this "CVA vs the World" thing to bed. Please?? Chuck pretty much summed things up. I voiced my opinion the other night,,and got into a senseless pissing match with another member.

Grouse,,,I apologize if things got out of hand. It was stupid and childish. We're all adults here. End of story.

Shoot what you have following your manufacturer's manual. Point blank.

If I remember correctly Chuck gave away a CVA that you all chipped in $10 a crack for corrosion testing. Chuck has shot more muzzleloaders,,done more testing with various powders and bullets,,and supplied everybody here with more information than any 10 guys could ever think possible. Do you really think he'd give a dangerous rifle to anybody?!?

Follow the guidelines in your owners manuals. Enjoy your rifles,,and be safe. 8)

Please reread.......

I saw a picture on the net of a Sako rifle with the baarrel split lengthwise in 4 pieces using factory ammo,I guess that makes all Sako rifles cheap junk and unsafe to shoot.

When a person with hardly no shooting experience picks up any firearm there can be any number of problems. With a muzzleloader there are chances for problems, over charging, double loading, not seating the bullet all of the way onto the powder and so on. If there was a major problem with one particular muzzleloaing manufactorer making below grade, dangerous guns I think it would be all over the news and papers. Some people just like to stir up trouble just to be able to talk about it even though the know what they say is not true,

Well i have been working on guns since 1968, so i guess that makes me a Novice :roll: I have beem owning and shooting CVA guns since the 70s,So that makes me have no experience in pouring power down a barrel are being able to fully seat a bullet in a CVA
When peps buy guns they buy what they want and can buy are have the money to buy.Then they try to find something about it thats stands out past all the rest.
Nothing worng with that,nor is it anything worng with someone wanting to be proud of something they own.
But there is something wrong when one's head tells them something is off , and they still try to find goodness in it to be proud of.
I look at it like this.
It is your money spend it the way you want to spend it.Do not let me are anyone else tell you this and that is the greatest thing out since the wheel.
Because the old saying is ever so true.
One's man treasure,is another man's junk pile.
For me i have been threw to many guns to not know what good one is when i find it

I love America! We can all have our different opinions and walk away on the same side!

I dearly hope the young man that asked the original question got a satisfactory answer somewhere in this chaotic mess. If not, I think Chuck outlined the whole of the CVA issue very well.

Chasam60, no - I believe Hunlee might have been.

Just one more reply.

I just bought a brand new CVA (delivered yesterday).

Shoud I return it :?:

NOT :wink:

Well i know it don't seam like it,But i for one can not stand RW.If i have gotten that bad,then i got to change my ways :D
Just not on CVA's and Traditions,lol :lol:

It might help if you dropped that sig link to an article based upon more hearsay. It may or may not be true, but it is hearsay.

This is my last post in this thread. My point about CVA is that they are now producing some very good rifles.

Some of you seem completely incapable of grasping that single possibility (fact, IMHO). Some of you seem unable to maintain your stance from one post to the next.

This thread is, like most of the similar crap that has been written on so many forums, a total waste.

I, for one, would appreciate this thread being locked.

true colors are shinin bright tonight. Threads like this one and the previous one are a good thing, shows me who you can look up to and enjoy while others may stab you in the back.

Latest posts

Back