What happened to my post?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacnstac

Reaction score
I asked what I thought was an important question about the safety of CVA muzzleloaders, and the thread gets deleted. Is CVA an advertiser here? What gives?

removed due to it straying off course. It happens.

Shoot your rifle and enjoy it.

Request, May we have an "Argument" category where posts like the one took place may be moved and continue?

wacnstac said:
I asked what I thought was an important question about the safety of CVA muzzleloaders, and the thread gets deleted. Is CVA an advertiser here? What gives?
I think things got a little heated between a couple of the forum members, IMO the deletion was probably in the best interest of the forum community, bring it up again in a day or two, cooler heads will probably prevail :oops:

Well I wasn't trying to stir anything up, just trying to get a concern addressed.

no concerns, just read your manual and follow the rules on powder/pellet charges / conical/sabot weight.

Despite multiple invites, no one has ever shown any document or any pictures of any post 1999 CVA gun that blew up using a documented recommedded load of BP or a BP substitute.

The referenced individual is held in such high esteem by the ML community that he has been banned from nearly every ML website.

without straying off course, please re-read what Frontier Gander said.

Follow the maximum loads recommended by your manual and you will have NO problems. If you don't have a manual, you can download one right here:

http://www.cva.com/pdfs/CVA%20In-Line.pdf

There are many CVA inline shooters around and having no problems.

If you have further questions, feel free to PM me and I will give you my email address.

Marvin

Keep your powder charges to what the manual says, and you'll be fine.

Having nothing to do with the feud between members, I have had a personal experience with a more major manufacturer than CVA that has a half cock problem in their trigger sear. I had read every ounce of the manual and never saw a warning about that. When I was deposed by their attorney, they pulled out that manual and asked me every single question in that book. i.e., have you ever fired this weapon without wearing safety glasses? etc. If I followed the book to a T, I would have to walk through the woods, see my prey, don the appropriate safety gear, attempt to load, and then attempt to shoot the game (good luck). Every time I said no, they told me that I was the reason for the guy losing his leg. I was then gag ordered about the case because apparently another guy lost his life, not just a leg. I understand the nasty nature of litigation but had this information been readily available and widespread about the sear, then I would never have carried it with a cap on the nipple in the half cocked position. Many probably would have. Instead, due to the high cost of recall, the manufacturer chose to litigate the injured cases instead of making their firearms safe. I still have that gun today and have demonstrated that sear failure to everyone I can to prevent more injuries from happening. The gun still shoots good, but now that I am educated, I handle the gun entirely different than before. Additionally, I think the company has designed its current offerings much more safely. What I am trying to say is that it is places like this where an interested individual can get wind of something like this and then perhaps make changes that will prevent tragedy. I appreciate the free flow of information that I get on Modern Muzzleloader and hate to see anything get in its way.

said information may or may not be true.

Swampman, you have a lot of experience and a wealth on knowledge to share with us. However, you are stuck on this anti-CVA thing. i see it here and on other forums.

i often appear in court as an expert witness in my area of expertise. If my "documentation" consisted of rants and personal opinions i would be laughed out of court.

A few one-sided opinions on a subject does not make the accusations true. IMO: If it were true there would be reports, pictures, reports by witnesses and lots of real documentation. There is none of this.

This is my last post on this thread.

Members,

I think it is IMPERATIVE that with regards to CVA / BPI products that we all tread lightly. Everyone has a position on this issue but facts are not readily available to document the safety of current production guns.

Please, do not confuse opinion with fact ... I respect everyones right to openly discuss this topic. Many new owners of CVA are sick to their stomach when they hear this information second hand.

I will keep this thread open as long as we all act responsibly and take time to outline our OPINIONS based on facts or first hand experience.

Thank you

I don't know if the world is coming to an end on that day or not. How could I say?

I am willing to sacrifice my old 50cal CVA Maghunter for some Proof/Destructive type testing.

I have access to video recorder and tripod, and remote control, safe controlled outdoor sand pit, 120yards of string and workmate type bench. I have a 3 sided sandy-clay burmed area in that pit. I have done some testing this way in the past. I also have access to a free, but non-certificated, Magnaflux and particle testing(Please don't ask for any favors here :wink: )

The MagHunter was made in 2002 I belive, and has the soft extruded steel barrel.

I have some of most common powders on the market. I've just figured out how to post short videos via photobucket.....

Just a question: has anyone here seen or heard of a "CVA Prohunter" or "CVA Pro Hunter"? Erik Zenger was apparently injured by one, yet I can find no record of such a rifle ever existing.

I will say that if CVA bashing were limited to actual fact, there would be almost no discussion.

Latest posts

Back