any good results with superglides?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyj

Reaction score
Anybody out there had good results with the superglide shockwaves? new to this game, finishing off my first pack of the old style shockwaves (which i like) and bought some superglides thinking they would shoot just as good (or better) and maybe stuff a bit easier down my encore. the few posts I've seen so far are making me think I just wasted a few bucks!

We need super glide reports

I think we have only had a couple "SUPER GLIDE" reports over the summer months and I can not recall the outcomes.

Please shoot them and post your results.

Choc-dog

You never know unless you shoot them. They might be just the ticket!

I don't think they make them in .45/.40 yet. My Black Diamond XR .45 is always hard to load, and I could use an easier loading sabot.

I bought some in the 250 gr. bonded. I was going to shoot the Barns TMZ but these shoot so much better out of my Encore I'm going to buy some more and use these this year. Encore 209x50 110 gr. loose 777 with 777 primers. All I have shoot in the past was the Shockwaves, hard to load but very accurate, these load like a dream in my gun, I dont even need a palm handle for loading! One ragged hole at 50 yds, even with a scope I cant see well enough to get better than 2' groups.

Matt

if the weather holds will be shooting them today out of both my standard issue encore as well as a friends brand new pro hunter. will post results.

hyj said:
Anybody out there had good results with the superglide shockwaves? new to this game, finishing off my first pack of the old style shockwaves (which i like) and bought some superglides thinking they would shoot just as good (or better) and maybe stuff a bit easier down my encore. the few posts I've seen so far are making me think I just wasted a few bucks!

A month ago I was in a store that had the new 250 grain Super Glides and the Regular Shockwaves. I had to see if they shot better, so I got one of each. Since my Black Diamond XR shoots Shockwaves into super tight groups I used that as a rifle.

My final results were, the super glides really did not load any easier in the Shockwave. I should point out the normal shockwaves never loaded all that hard either. As for accuracy, I got just a little tighter group with the old Shockwaves then I did the super glides. If my memory serves me, I was shooting 110 grains of T-7 2f.

Then just last week I had the Knight Disc out with some pellets and decided to shoot off the rest of the Super Glides. Well it did all right, about the same as the normal shockwaves, but nothing to write home about. The Knight shoots the Standard Shockwaves just fine also.

So my over all opinion of them is, glad they are gone, it was fun, and I will just keep shooting the old standard shockwaves which were $1.39 cheaper anyway.

Answered my own question out on the range today:

In my previous session I shot a dozen of the old shockwaves with 2 777 pellets from 50 yards with open sights, all in the 2" ring and was happy considering no scope.

i shot 8 superglides today- 6 from 50 and two from 100 yards same results all in the 2" ring including the two from 100 yards. basically, two clusters of touching holes, one that tore up the top half of the dead bull and one about an inch and a half to the right. did not have to make any sight adjustments.

I found them to load much easier than the old style, which I don't think is a huge deal on the range with a heavy range rod but i could see this helping out in the frozen NY woods for a follow up load with a standard rod and fouled barrel. was actually a bit concerned at first wondering if they weren't tight enough for a good seal.

My partners pro hunter shot them as well as my standard encore. By the way, if anybody likes to shoot prone with a bipod as i do, DO NOT put a bipod on the Pro Hunter, the molded in forearm sling stud can't take it! Tore it up! Guess he won't ask to borrow that from me again. Other than that, nice gun. They took care of the little things that nickled and dimed me in add ons for my standard encore.

Bottom line for me, they load easy and shoot good, I'm in! Can't wait to scope it!

Latest posts

Back