Well, I Bought It!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I went back to the shop that had the used MK-85, blued with forest camo stock sitting in the rack. Well, after a very thorough inspection, I can honestly say it’s never been fired. It’s Like New! The bolt face, bore, breech plug, everything is like it was made yesterday. What a beautiful rifle! Price was $299. The shop owner said he was firm on the price as he said, the gun was never fired. Finally got my Knight.

I went back to the shop that had the used MK-85, blued with forest camo stock sitting in the rack. Well, after a very thorough inspection, I can honestly say it’s never been fired. It’s Like New! The bolt face, bore, breech plug, everything is like it was made yesterday. What a beautiful rifle! Price was $299. The shop owner said he was firm on the price as he said, the gun was never fired. Finally got my Knight.
Great!

They typically shoot really well with 90-100gr V of powder and 240-300gr saboted bullets. I use pyrodex in mine, others use T7 - not suggested to use BH209. I personally love the #11 ignition, its perfect. I use RWS 1075 caps, but others will work fine, as they seem to be harder to find of late. CCI mag are great also.

I have 4 MK's, love em. When you hunt, make sure to keep your secondary safety off and just use the primary. I only use my secondary when pulling/lowering my rifle from a treestand, etc. If you mount a scope, you will want to use a bra, or something to protect the underside from blowback burn. I personally use black electrical tape, and just cut strips to fit perfectly where needed. Can't even notice it, and its easy to replace.

Enjoy your new toy!

Great!

They typically shoot really well with 90-100gr V of powder and 240-300gr saboted bullets. I use pyrodex in mine, others use T7 - not suggested to use BH209. I personally love the #11 ignition, its perfect. I use RWS 1075 caps, but others will work fine, as they seem to be harder to find of late. CCI mag are great also.

I have 4 MK's, love em. When you hunt, make sure to keep your secondary safety off and just use the primary. I only use my secondary when pulling/lowering my rifle from a treestand, etc. If you mount a scope, you will want to use a bra, or something to protect the underside from blowback burn. I personally use black electrical tape, and just cut strips to fit perfectly where needed. Can't even notice it, and its easy to replace.

Enjoy your new toy!
This is spot on. I have that exact same rifle. 100 gr 777 and a Hornady .452 250 gr with black sabot will cut holes.

That's great I just bought a mk85 54 caliber waiting on it to rival except I paid $249 not bad I thought which bullets and Sabots

Back