Weird Weather

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Here on the planes of Saskatchewan the weather is usually pretty dry. We have undergone drought conditions for several years. Last year was a fairly wet year by our standards and it was a relief. So far this year we've had, I think, more rain than last. I think I'm starting to grow webbed feet.:D :D I say this as I look out the window at the pouring rain. I can make out my rain gauge and it appears we've got 3/4 inch over night. There's been so much rain that our river is way up. It's the highest I've seen in 40 - 45 years. In places along the river the city had to close a road because the water was over flowing the bank. The weir we have was almost level. The river started to recede and road reopened but don't know what's going to happen because we're getting lots of rain again, but even worse, heavy rains are falling in southern Alberta in the foot hills and that finds it's way to us here. Forcast I heard was for 80 mm(3 inches). Here's a few pictures of our river taken last week.

river_7.jpg

river_12.jpg

Quick update. Just was outside and checked my rain gauge. It's 1 1/2 inches. :cry: Have water standing all around the house :?. Sure hope the weeping tile is working :x .

I just drove my wife to work. It's still pouring rain. Some low lying streets are be closed because the standing water make the roads impassable. Does anyone know where I can get plans for and ARK :cry:

Send us some. We are now in a moderate drought situation. :evil:

Patrick, I wish I could. We appreciate rain, but, enough is enough.

Raf,
The silver lining on this cloud is......we'll have good antler growth on our bucks this year!!

On the down side, we'll fantastic mosquito growth too :?

Latest posts

Back