Today Is D Day: 6 June, 1944 Normandy Invasion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two uncles by marriage were present on D Day.  One was in the second wave of troops at Omaha Beach.   He said it was impossible to run on the beach with out stepping on bodies of troops from the first wave.  The other uncle by marriage  was an assault boat driver. 

A first cousin in the 101st Airborne Division died in St. Mere Eglise on D-Day.

My late buddy George Berry, of the Winnipeg Rifles, was in the first wave of troops at Juno Beach.   This evening i will toast George with a snifter of Carleton Towers.

I think about all those kids quite often.....wondering what, if they could be brought back alive today to see how far left their country has gone and to ask them if 'they' thought their sacrifices had been worthwhile?? :( There's no way that I can explain my revulsion with today's political climate and I won't even watch the news to have to listen to all the 'liberal clap-trap' that the MSM tries to pound into the ears of essentially a portion of a stupid and unpatriotic electorate! Several of my older friends made that 'tour of duty'.....a few of their buddies didn't even make it out of the landing craft! I was honored to have had the ones that survived as my mentors as I was growing up! I pray for all their souls each and every day! :Salute: :ttups:

Back