Today is D-Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On 6 June ,1944 Allied troops invaded France from beaches Gold, Juno, Sword, Omaha and Utah.

Two of my uncles by marriage were present on D-Day. One landed at Omaha beach in the second wave. He said it was impossible to keep from stepping on the bodies of troops from the first wave. The other uncle was a uS Navy assault boat driver. A first cousin died at St. Mere Eglise on D-Day.

They were the greatest generation.

They got slaughtered on Omaha Beach. Although the other landing areas were no cakewalk, Omaha must have been Hell. I was only a year old then.
There is a story that Eisenhower knew how bad it was going to be and requested all first-time combat soldiers because the ones with experience would know what was going to happen.

They deserve all our prayers and gratitude.

falcon said:
On 6 June ,1944 Allied troops invaded France from beaches Gold, Juno, Sword, Omaha and Utah.

Two of my uncles by marriage were present on D-Day. One landed at Omaha beach in the second wave. He said it was impossible to keep from stepping on the bodies of troops from the first wave. The other uncle was a uS Navy assault boat driver. A first cousin died at St. Mere Eglise on D-Day.

They were the greatest generation.
Falcon, with your HOUSE IN ORDER, some day you'll be able to be reunited once again with your cousin. They were the greatest GENERATION.

:(what is sad is when you look around today at this sad generation of today with people with their hands out for what ever they can have put in it without doing a thing for it. Just my .02 cents.

one hell of a bloody day. Just thinking about that kind of horror and having to face it just leaves you without words. Makes you wonder what was going through their heads as they were approaching those beaches. :Salute:

Was watching the history channel last night on D day and some of those guys stories were just heart breaking. Its hard to have a buddy right next to you one minute talking to you and literally the next minute, hes gone for life.

Latest posts

Back