Starting to pack my bag....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
MAN it takes a LOT of crap just to go HUNTING! :lol: But now I'm afraid of FORGETTING something! Can ya'll help me think to take something that I would otherwise overlook or forget? I'm taking the ULA .50 and Savage #IV.

I've got a big pile of stuff in the corner getting ready for my trip so I'm not gonna be much help. lol

1- BackPack
2- RangeFinder
3- Binoculars
4- unscented soap and Deodorant
5- soft gun case
6- Waterproof hats, boots, clothes.
7- Wet Wipes
8- Primers/Bullets

Grouse said:
1- BackPack
2- RangeFinder
3- Binoculars
4- unscented soap and Deodorant
5- soft gun case
6- Waterproof hats, boots, clothes.
7- Wet Wipes
8- Primers/Bullets

That's a good list.

Don't forget powder, sharp knife,camera, and a clean pair of underwear just in case you shoot a monster of a lifetime.

Also don't forget your license and tags.

Good luck on your hunt!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that IS a good list and it made me remember to put in a soft gun case! :).. Wet wipes... That sounds like a really good idea! Man..there really IS a lot to think about!

Dwight..YOU are the designated gun bearer!

Doohan said:
extra scope... ready to go.. :roll: :lol:

JJ,

Do you think chuck may have such a thing! :lol:

Chuck,

Know what you mean about all the stuff. I know when I go up to my camp to catch the last week of turkey & opening of Bear....my ole Suburban is packed to the hilt and its only MY STUFF!! :lol:

Heres a couple:

Flashlight (and back-up)
coleman lantern (in case of late hit...great for night tracking)
compass (to back-up GPS :lol: )
orange flagging ribbon
climbin treestand (just in case you dont like guides permanent :lol: )

I could go on but likely then a UHAUL will be needed plus may not be room for you! :lol:

Like my Dad used to always say...dont forget your Gun, Bullets & License.... but what do Dad's know anyway.

Loggy said:
Doohan said:
extra scope... ready to go.. :roll: :lol:

JJ,

Do you think chuck may have such a thing! :lol:

Chuck,

Know what you mean about all the stuff. I know when I go up to my camp to catch the last week of turkey & opening of Bear....my ole Suburban is packed to the hilt and its only MY STUFF!! :lol:

Heres a couple:

Flashlight (and back-up)
coleman lantern (in case of late hit...great for night tracking)
compass (to back-up GPS :lol: )
orange flagging ribbon
climbin treestand (just in case you dont like guides permanent :lol: )

I could go on but likely then a UHAUL will be needed plus may not be room for you! :lol:

Like my Dad used to always say...dont forget your Gun, Bullets & License.... but what do Dad's know anyway.

Compass! YES! If someone tells me the wind is out of the west, it's GREAT to know which way west IS!

About the SCOPE :lol: .... I doing as JJ did and I usually carry two GUNS! but NOW...I'll carry an extra SCOPE, TOO! :lol:

Designated gunbearer, :lol: well I think I can handle that!
Anyway one of my favorite things to take is some of those little chemical heaters called Hot Hands. Might not be needed down south, but sure comes in handy up here.

I'm keeping a close eye on the forecast before I get there so they may be included as WELL!

I AM wondering if I need to take a Thermacell? Any skeeters in west Texas?

big6x6 said:
I'm keeping a close eye on the forecast before I get there so they may be included as WELL!

I AM wondering if I need to take a Thermacell? Any skeeters in west Texas?

No skeeters, lots of cactus, take tweezers and hope you don't need them. Snake bite kit? A set of tools to take down the savage. Extra vent liner and breach plug?

A set of tools to take down the savage. Extra vent liner and breach plug?

Here's what I have concern THAT..
Extra breech plug with new ventliner, EZ-Tool(watch for report on this!), Savage breech plug wrench/handle, ULA breech plug wrench, Allen wrenches for Savage/ULA, Torx wrench for scope mounts, Gerber multitool, breechplug lube, .50cal jag, gun oil, rag, small screwdriver, patches,....??

take tweezers

Thanks!

Snake bite kit?

:shock:

I used to go hunting with my older brother out west. He allways said that We could get the extras,when we got out there,and it was good for the local business. Well some times it worked out well,and sometimes the LOCAL business was 75-100miles away! Never hurts to check it out ahead of time. Once we went on a P-Dog shoot in South Dakota. The guy said do you want rooms with air? My brother said sure! So when we found the location(miles and I mean miles from no where) the guy took us to our rooms. It was a pole barn divided up into sections like a storage unit. We walked into the rooms 10X20ft. and looked around. My brother looked at him and said,Where's the air? The guy looked at him,and pointed to a small sliding window,and said right there. Them other rooms don't have winders! Buyer beware! Ron :lol:

Here's mine Chuck. Maybe it'll help. Mind you, I'm camping so that's why there's some extra stuff.

Hunting Check List

Muzzleloader Items
Full Plastic Jackets
Premeasured powder charges - Rifle
Premeasured powder charges - Pistol
Breechplug grease
Patches
Solvent
Patch Puller
Short Starter
C-Tool
Allen Wrench
Jags
Speedloaders - Rifle
Speedloaders - Pistol
CLP
Range Rod
Paper Towels
Shotgun rod/brush
Small screwdriver
Bullets - Rifle
Bullets - Pistol

Personal Hunting Gear
Hunting Clothes
Orange Hat
Orange Vest
Knife
Backpack
Hunting Cart
Soft Gun Case - Rifle
Soft Gun Case - Pistol
Rifle
Pistol
Hard Gun Case
Bipod
Range Finder
Packing Tape
Electrical Tape
Hunting Soap
Hunting Deodorant

Camping Gear
Sleeping Bag
Coolers
Pillows

Miscellaneous
Temporary harvest tag
Pen/paper
Ziploc?s
Plastic Bags

Don't forget the Tango Pappa !
fe6c0a9c.jpg

Patrick White said:
Here's mine Chuck. Maybe it'll help. Mind you, I'm camping so that's why there's some extra stuff.

Hunting Check List

Muzzleloader Items
Full Plastic Jackets
Premeasured powder charges - Rifle
Premeasured powder charges - Pistol
Breechplug grease
Patches
Solvent
Patch Puller
Short Starter
C-Tool
Allen Wrench