The Red Gods Smiled again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Reaction score
As I posted earlier I did get a doe in Kansas. Well this week in PA is a special muzzleloader doe season. I hunted Saturday only seeing one deer and it crossed the mt road on our way home.
Monday my son and I went out here at home I had no sooner gor settled on stand on top of the mountain and a big 6 point buck with about an 18 in spread stopped broadside at no more than 20 yards. Oh well he was sure nice to look at.

About an hour and a half later here he came back. This time he decided to check me out closer and walked to within 10 yards. Wouldn't you know it he spooked and ran off 4 or 5 does coming behind him. Well I got lucky and they returned a few minutes later but at about 40 yds in thick brush. I could see a fairly clear path to the biggest doe and shot. She went about 1/3 of the way down the mountain before she fell. The only problem was it was the wrong side of the mt as the truck was parked at the bottom of the other side.
334853.jpg

Man I like that Knight Bighorn but certainly did not like the gut wrenching drag back up the mt. Good thing I had my mule along in the form of my son Eric. Lol

It amazing how the deer always goes the wrong way,or to the bottom of the deepest gully. Thanks for the good post and pics.

That Pic was at the kill site on the side of the mountain. What it doesn't show is just how steep it is. That smile soon went away as my son and I tugged that old girl to the top over rocks and deadfalls and through laurel and assorted other brush. Around here that is where they live so that is where one must go to hunt them.

Way to go!!! Nice story. I have had some gut wrenching drags myself, so I can appreciate the hard work.
I also have a Bighorn and really love it. 8)

Latest posts

Back