Triumph and Barnes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tndeer

Reaction score
Is anyone getting good accurracy with the Barnes TMZ bullet and the Triumph ? I'm wanting to shoot the 250 or 290 TMZ in my Bone collector with BH209. What's the best combo using either of these bullets and BH? What sabots are best? T/C sent me a new BC after I returned my first one the second time. It shoots to POA so I'm a happy camper. Mr. French at T/C was extremely nice and helpful and took a personal interest in my problem. I'm well pleased with their service. All I need to do now is do a little experimenting with different bullets and sabots. I want to shoot Barnes if I can get them to shoot accurately. I also have some 245 Spitfires and some 250 Red Hots. T/C shot my gun with 250 Shockwaves and got a little over inch group with Pyrodex powder. I have only killed one deer with Shockwaves and had no problem, but i have seen some non-complimentary comments about them. What's your opinion? Thanks

When I get a B.C. I want to shoot the 285 MZ's so if you have any of those could you give 'em a try for me? :) ...great bullets. Thanks.

I had had no problems with the 250 gr. shockwave. It is extremely accurate in both my Endeavor and Omega. I have used i to kill a spike buck and a wild hog and haven't had any issues. Both animals suffered major damage. I was using 110gr. of BH209 to push the bullet. Great combo in my opinion.

Is anyone getting good accurracy with the Barnes TMZ bullet and the Triumph ? yes but ..... the BARNES EXPANDER MZ are a bit better ,they are flat on the bottom [none boat-tail] and are more accurate [.250 gr]

Thanks, Black powder. i have some and will try them. I ordered some TEZ today, they have the flat base also. I know with high power rifles, boattails shot better for me, but I guess that doesn't always translate to BP.

Back