This may be an idea

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
I was searching throughout the house for a bottle of alcohol to add to my swabbing patches and ended up finding a big box of those Alcohol swabs. I think if you have to swab your barrel out between shots in the field, these would be handy to use. Stuff 4 or 5 into your pocket and if you fire in the field and need to swab to get your next load down, it would be very easy to do. I am going to try these out tomorrow and see how it does. If it works, it sure beats carrying something bulky around all day in the backpack or pocket.

swabs

I could never find one wet enough oe tough enough to go down and back the barrel w/out shredding.

they work ifs you take an lay one of them first over the muzzle then some thin cloth like an old T-shirt on top of them. The T-shirt will take the brunt of the jag, and also tighten the patch enough to where you can get a swab out of them. I haul them with me hunting. They also work good to clean scopes and should you nick yourself cleaning a deer you have some thing that can be used to clean the cut.

Are you referring to the sealed packages of cloth swabs we use to sterilize an area before giving a shot?

Lee 9 said:
Are you referring to the sealed packages of cloth swabs we use to sterilize an area before giving a shot?

i believe so. Aint had a shot in a long time so i cant tell you exactly :lol:

I get a box of them at the Dollar Store and you get 20 packaged little towelettes with alcohol on them.

well i used them today and they worked excellent. I also shot the best group today with the Accura! I'll post pics on my other thread.

Latest posts

Back