• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO TC Northwest Explorer Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho PRB

Reaction score
My buddy bulged his barrel. TC Northwest Explorer 50 caliber. I know it's a longshot but I need a barrel. Not a great gun to begin with so I don't want to throw much at it. Let me know if you have one you'd be willing to sell. Thanks

You say not the best rifle but that rifle you’re speaking of was based off an omega and meant to be legal in states that required an open ignition and is basically a variant of the omega. One of the best inline rifles Thompson center ever made and still one of the best inline rifles a guy can get his hands on…I would be curious if a standard omega barrel would fit this rifle…there’s a few on eBay

There's a Northwest barrel on Ebay right now, and looks to be LIKE NEW. The person who listed it also has the Make Offer option available as well, so your buddy might be able to get it for less than listed.

Northwest.JPG

Last edited:
You say not the best rifle but that rifle you’re speaking of was based off an omega and meant to be legal in states that required an open ignition and is basically a variant of the omega. One of the best inline rifles Thompson center ever made and still one of the best inline rifles a guy can get his hands on…I would be curious if a standard omega barrel would fit this rifle…there’s a few on eBay
I am really referring to the 1-48 twist.

I am really referring to the 1-48 twist.
Got ya..I think they went with that twist rate because some state didn’t allow sabots, round balls and lead conicals were the main choices ..no sabots, no scope and an open ignition your borderline better off with a quality sidelock but that’s also Why that particular rifle didn’t get many sales i Suppose

Latest posts

Back