TC Maxi Hunter mold or?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to get into casting bullets for my TC Hawken 1:48 twist for deer hunting. Thinking about the TC maxi hunter mold or Lee real. I have a bunch of rb's and Hornady PA's. Just think it would be more rewarding to cast my own. Any advice?

Finding a mould is tough and expensive. I’d look towards a custom mould. I had a rb mould made for a 62 sb in 590 so I could use pillow ticking then Lee made a 595 and 60 so experiment time.
I’d try some from track of the wolf if you don’t know a caster with a maxi hunter mould. My 54 renegade shoots them very well but white tails fall well with my round ball.

I’m sure that bullet will work just fine on Whitetails and the like. Plus it would be a great bullet to starting young kids and women with who are afraid of recoil.

Just ordered one ,will be selling the 50 cal (EYE bullet ) as I have enough of those made !/Ed

I’m sure that bullet will work just fine on Whitetails and the like. Plus it would be a great bullet to starting young kids and women with who are afraid of recoil.
Dont have to worry about kids and my wife has a Ruger American ranch 450bm. She test fires all my guns before I do!

Yup 50-415l What it looks like

Attachments

• IMG_1216[1].JPG
    IMG_1216[1].JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1215[1].JPG
    IMG_1215[1].JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back