T/C Triumph vs Omega and Weathershield

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clfergus

Reaction score
I have had a T/C Omega now for a few years, black stock and blue barrel. I have rarely used it and kept it lubed and oiled religiously. It looks almost brand new.

I have been intrigued by the T/C triumph now and am debating on selling my Omega on the cheap and picking up and Triumph. I like the break open action for seating the primer and the easy to remove breech plug option.

Would I be making a huge mistake? If not and the Triumph is worth the extra money, would you go blue barrel or weathershield. I would hate it if my coating chipped or flaked off so I am leaning toward the blue, non-bone collector model.

Thanks

I would keep the Omega. Overall it's one of the best inline-models ever produced.

TripleSe7en said:
I would keep the Omega. Overall it's one of the best inline-models ever produced.

X2

You wouldn't be gaining anything. Just loosing money out of your pocket.

I have an old triumph. It was my main gun for years. It shot most everything very well. Then I got some whites and knights, and those old break actions just dont see action anymore. I keep em around for whenever the nephews decide they are ready to hunt. They used to like target shooting. But now with every sport imaginable, they have no time for guns anymore. every so often they want to go shooting, but its hard to connect our schedules anymore.

While I don't have the Triumph, I know the Omega is an awesome gun.

I can't see much of an upgrade but I will never talk anyone our of a new gun.

Thanks Guys, this is the info I was wanting to hear. I won't say that I don't have an itch for a new toy but it makes me think more seriously about keeping the Omega. What about the weathershield? is it worth the money or go blue barrel if I get a triumph.

To each his own, :D I have had both and still have the Triumph, I like it the best they both shot very well but the Triumph is much handier.

Keep the omega. And save up and buy a knight or a true stainless omega the original. Im a fan of stainless. Weathershield is a way to make rifle cheaper to produce and sounds cool.

I agree with others about keeping the Omega. Although an older design, still shoots pretty great and is a little more versatile than the Triumph. Many have a problem shooting the basic Triumph with open sights due to the high stock comb. You can also upgrade your Omega with a Boyd's laminate stock for about $100-$150 and have a truly unique rifle.

Regarding Weathershield, from an older post of mine:

I've not heard of any issues as far as pealing/bubbling but as a TC fan I'll go ahead and say it. I think Weathershield is somewhat of a joke. So it protects the outside of the gun, big friggin deal. That's what good old gun oil is for. My centerfire gun is an old Sako .308 Forester, 40+ years old blued barrel, without any rust. And its not like I baby the gun.

For a ML, if you really need corrosion protection, it's on the inside of the barrel. And that's if you are using the more corrosive propellants. If you are using BH209, that's not so important. Me, I would rather spend the extra $$ on a laminate stock.

Am I making a mistake by not looking at the CVA brand? I guess I was always a TC fan due to the bad rep that CVA had from the 80s and early 90s. Now even Chuck Hawks uses them.

This top of the line Accura V2 is in the same price range new on gunbroker as the lowest model triumph.

for the price range, and present day circumstances, that could be. TC has taken a nosedive with S&W. CVA, although cheaply made, have excellent barrels and a great reputation for accuracy

Cva accura are very good rifle but they are also going to coating. The cva apex is a stainless action and barrel.
My top 3 factory inlines would be knight mountaineer, cva apex, a original tc omega.

Keep the Omega. I have owned both. Sold the Triumph. Omega is a keeper. Weathershield is down grade from stainless steel. Cheaper way for S&W to manufacture. Anyway, if you clean and lube your muzzleloader after using it, as we all should, you will have no corrosion problems. I have muzzleloaders I have owned over 20 years with no rust, or corrosion. I clean them after a shooting session.

Gunna jump on an old thread.

First up, in regards to weathershield. In Australia we don't hunt from blinds or shelters or anything g like that. It's all stalking thick country, rain hail or shine. I've put my bone collector through all kinds of hell and I've never had a spot of rust. My rem 700 blued and sako 85 Bavarian were terrible for getting rust when it looked like raining.

As for the gun, can't speak for the omega but I love my bone collector, shoots beautifully and kills deer. Will never sell it!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back