T/C Omega X7 and customer service

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
i recently bought a nib omega x7 this is my first omega and boy do i like this carbine version.it's as short as the 21"barreled white mountain carbine but has a 24"barrel, and a very nice trigger.i took it out to the camp on sunday for a little range time.it was 19* with 20-30mph winds so i set the target fairly close(36yds)and started with 80g vol. BH209under a 250g barnes expander in a crushrib,this loaded very easy.inserted a win.primer and decided to just shoot out the window standing inside the camp due to the blowing snow outside.this is when the trouble started.first shot centered nicely on the bull but was 8"high,second shot mimiced the first.for the 3rd i switched to a harvester smooth which added another 1"
the peep was already set as low as possible so i put it away seeing as i wasn't going to be able sight it in proper.i should also note all 4 primers came out as clean as my triumph.so i called t/c this afternoon and talked to pete at customer service and asked if they had front sights that were taller for this model and told him how tall mine was(.350)he spent a minute or so looking things up and says they have 2 taller sights (.400+.470)and he will ship both.i'll have to admit i was a little disappointed not being able to sight this in but i sure can't complain about t/c's customer service.this X7 sure is comfortable carry and just might end up as my favorite for stillhunting..........karl

This is common with the X7. Some shoot high and some low, requiring a different front sight. TC sent me a new front sight, no charge. It now shoots as well as I can aim.

Karl also check your recoil lug. On the other board a few guys had problems with it being loose. It uses a really small Torx IIRC. Some just tighten down, others need a little JB Weld as some filler.

Earlier versions were welded and its not an issue.

And Grats!!!!

The X7 is my favorite TC, if they made them in a 45cal i would already have one. :D

the recoil lug and action block assembly are all tight.here is a pic of the X7 next to a .45 disc extreme

wood007.jpg

"...boy do i like this carbine version.it's as short as the 21"barreled white mountain carbine but has a 24"barrel, and a very nice trigger."

Yup, I like mine too, which also has a nice/crisp trigger.

The only thing I didn't like -- after hunting with it some -- was how "slickery" it was...

But here's a fix for that.

Mine also does well with the Crushed Rib sabots too.

Tight groups.

Old No7

Old No7;that looks very nice and is quite unique......karl

I have the same rifle. Purchased in 2008. I had the same problem...good groups but 10 inches high at 100 yards with maximum adjustment.

I email TC with pictures and measurements and the next day they emailed me and said I had the wrong front sight for that rifle. They mailed me a new one, I installed it, and the problem was solved.

The orginal front sight was 0.32 inches (8.1 mm) tall to the top of the fiber optic INSERT IGNORE or 0.35 inches (8.8 mm) to the top of the metal sight itself.

I would measure the height of your front sight. If it is the same as mine an email will solve your problem.

Back