T/c omega or CVA optima?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ronlaughlin said:
Underclocked said:
..................................Scope mount base positioning - not only does TC seem to think every rifle they make is really a pistol (based upon that mount hole spacing), they seem not very inclined to make sure that good bases will align properly to the bore.

Triggers - improve designs such that one would not feel the immediate need of a trigger job and be consistent about putting out rifles with those good triggers. Especially on rifles that are priced in the 1K range.

Stocks - TC could put a little more effort into making stocks that won't easily slip from your hands and those hollowed stocks could at least provide better support and contact for a good recoil pad.............................
Looks like a 2 MOA shooter to me. Not to shabby.

At 300 yards just about anyone of those shots is a kill shot on a deer size animal if you can replicate those shots under field conditions.

Great job.

PC318761.JPG

Whilst readying the pictured rifle for last hunting season the following targets were punched. The objective was to replicate hunting conditions where most every shot would be taken from a cold clean barrel. Just for giggles a second shot was taken.

P1010120.JPG

P1010126.JPG

302yard.jpg

At the time i was shooting them target, i hadn't read your (UC) post yet, and i thought the reason the rifle didn't shoot perfect was because i wasn't shooting off a bench, and perhaps i had drunken too much coffee. Of course my trigger finger was all beat up, and bloody, so naturally i figured that was another cause of such lousy shooting.

Knowing what i know now, thanks to you (UC), i realize there was no way to get good targets from this rifle with a misaligned scope, and crummy trigger. Luckily the rifle never once flew out of my hands, nor did it hurt me with the unsupported recoil pad.

When the rifle and i managed to tag a pronghorn whilst it was sleeping out over 300 yard away, i kinda felt some lucky. Had i known how poorly this rifle was made, i would certainly have felt more than a little lucky. So................i guess UC, i owe you a huge debt of gratitude for rectifying my ignorant state of mind. This next upcoming season i surely will not hunt pronghorn with an Omega; it will be replaced with a better rifle, perhaps a breech loader.

Underclocked said:
...........................You asked for it! :D........................................

ah wood say dat iz a grate shootun riful an iz bout a 3/4 moa or slightly less buncha targutz. Butt ah don' wunt it.

Oh, dem 2 groopz at 301/2 yardz iz n diffrunt plasuz on da targutz coz da scope falled off batween seshunz. ;)

Underclocked said:
........................ Oh, dem 2 groopz at 301/2 yardz iz n diffrunt plasuz on da targutz coz da scope falled off batween seshunz. ;)

derclocked, te bllets it i differet places because te target were sot o differet das, ad trigger figer got all cewed p te first da. It was't te scope tat oved. It was a sore figer. See!!

P1030111.JPG

SCOPE OTS WORKED GOOD, TRIGGER FIGER ALL CEWED UP!

LOL, you guys are ate up :lol: :lol:

Man Ron...even with a messed up finger, you still shoot pretty dang good! Most folks would be real happy with a CF rifle that shot that well.

Thank you for the kind word.

Actually, i must be a great great fabulous shot, one of the world's best. The pictured shooting was done with a POS Omega rifle with a junk stock, and a lousy awful scope mounting set. Then top it all off, the trigger on them rifle is horrendous.

Yup them Omega is a horrible rifle; i now own seven.

ronlaughlin said:

Actually, i must be a great great fabulous shot, one of the world's best. The pictured shooting was done with a POS Omega rifle with a junk stock, and a lousy awful scope mounting set. Then top it all off, the trigger on them rifle is horrendous.

Good thing you only got seven of dem cuz you only got seven fingers left der.

flounder said:
ronlaughlin said:

Good thing you only got seven of dem cuz you only got seven fingers left der.

Ah woodunt wirree 2 much der Art, uh chooter lahk Ron cuhd choot wit his thuhms 2 also. Ah bleev he's gunn bi 2 more :shock:

txhunter58 said:
Maybe T/C should advertize this on their website:

"We gaurantee our guns to shoot sabots, and if you want to shoot conicals, all you have to do is cut the QLA off and get it recrowned!"

They would probably fly off the shelves then!

Will just stick to my White, T/C renegade and Knight LRH for most of my conical shooting.

agreed, can't say about the Knight LRH never owned one, besides shooting anything these days is gettin expensive...

I have 2 Omega's. I agree there is next to no space in the trigger guard with the the hammer uncocked however, my finger has never been bit. At least not yet. I have noticed older Omega's have a steel trigger guard/drop down assy. Mine both have cheapo painted white metal trigger guards. Not sure if thats the differance????

Latest posts

Back