T/c omega or CVA optima?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.

Yes I have dinged a metal yote at 275 but it was with my Konus Pro with the lines etched in the glass. :lol:

UNDERCLOCKED FINGER

P1030107.JPG

IF ONLY I DIDN'T SHOT MY OMEGA(S) SO MANY TIMES!!!!!!!

Re: UNDERCLOCKED FINGER

ronlaughlin said:
P1030107.JPG

Ron that is sad to see and I am sorry about you losing your finger. I would tell you should of wore gloves but with the guard being so small you probably couldn't even fit your finger in there with them on. :lol:

Re: UNDERCLOCKED FINGER

ronlaughlin said:
P1030107.JPG

Mom said that would happen if I chewed my fingernails....never said nothing about shootin' too much ! :shock:

Thanks for correcting my typing error!

Yes, the Omega will shoot sabots great, but the company will not stand behind accuracy on conicals. They will flat out tell you that they are sabot guns. Ask them why and they will lie to you: "The twist is too fast" LOL. Whites with a 1:24 twists do pretty well with conicals!

And yes, my brother has an Omega that shoots conicals well while mine shot 8 inch groups at 25 yards! Sent it to them twice and they told me "its a sabot gun".

In fact, here is the response I got recently when I asked about shooting conicals in an Encore or Triumph (almost identical barrels to the Omega):

Subject: Encore or Triumph for Colorado

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

No we do not. Their twist rates are made for sabots.

Sincerely,

Rachel Turgeon

I've had an Omega for years and until now, I never knew the trigger and guard was such an issue.

I have big, fat hands and it has never bothered me.

While I can't comment on te CVA, I know I'm very fond of my Omega.

LarryBud, maybe the fat protects you. :wink: I doubt it though since I weigh 300 pounds.

Ron, straighten out your finger and stop laughing. :lol:

Nothing I wrote was misrepresented. It's probably a matter of having a loose grip and an exceedingly sensitive pull :wink: but those guards hammer my finger.

I have learned to compensate with my Omega. When I pull the trigger on a regular gun, I pull and then just relax. With the Omega, if you do that it jams your finger forward! But if you learn to pull and hold it, then release slowly, it won't do that.

I love the breech design of my Omega better than any other gun that I shoot, and if it had shot conicals well, prob would just keep my mouth shut about them, but when the company won't stand behind the gun for shooting conicals, there is a reason. If they won't shoot a 1 & 1/2 inch group with sabots, they will replace the barrel. The make NO guarantee with conicals.

So I am glad that many people have Omegas that will shoot conicals, but if you happen to buy one like me that won't, you are SOL....

txhunter58 said:
....................I am glad that many people have Omegas that will shoot conicals, but if you happen to buy one like me that won't, you are SOL....
Not really, just do what both you and i did..............cut if off. It was quite simple to accomplish for me; it resulted in a 'new' rifle that now shoots sabot and conical accurately.

That was a fantastic presentation on cutting the barrel Semisane!

Underclocked said:
..................................Scope mount base positioning - not only does TC seem to think every rifle they make is really a pistol (based upon that mount hole spacing), they seem not very inclined to make sure that good bases will align properly to the bore.

Triggers - improve designs such that one would not feel the immediate need of a trigger job and be consistent about putting out rifles with those good triggers. Especially on rifles that are priced in the 1K range.

Stocks - TC could put a little more effort into making stocks that won't easily slip from your hands and those hollowed stocks could at least provide better support and contact for a good recoil pad.............................

PC318761.JPG

Whilst readying the pictured rifle for last hunting season the following targets were punched. The objective was to replicate hunting conditions where most every shot would be taken from a cold clean barrel. Just for giggles a second shot was taken.

P1010120.JPG

P1010126.JPG

302yard.jpg

At the time i was shooting them target, i hadn't read your (UC) post yet, and i thought the reason the rifle didn't shoot perfect was because i wasn't shooting off a bench, and perhaps i had drunken too much coffee. Of course my trigger finger was all beat up, and bloody, so naturally i figured that was another cause of such lousy shooting.

Knowing what i know now, thanks to you (UC), i realize there was no way to get good targets from this rifle with a misaligned scope, and crummy trigger. Luckily the rifle never once flew out of my hands, nor did it hurt me with the unsupported recoil pad.

When the rifle and i managed to tag a pronghorn whilst it was sleeping out over 300 yard away, i kinda felt some lucky. Had i known how poorly this rifle was made, i would certainly have felt more than a little lucky. So................i guess UC, i owe you a huge debt of gratitude for rectifying my ignorant state of mind. This next upcoming season i surely will not hunt pronghorn with an Omega; it will be replaced with a better rifle, perhaps a breech loader.

Underclocked said:
...........................You asked for it! :D........................................

Maybe T/C should advertize this on their website:

"We gaurantee our guns to shoot sabots, and if you want to shoot conicals, all you have to do is cut the QLA off and get it recrowned!"

They would probably fly off the shelves then!

Will just stick to my White, T/C renegade and Knight LRH for most of my conical shooting.

ope, i as't solt it et. It srprised e you wated oe give to ou so ou cold sell it. Tese POS do't see to sell; you wold be stck wit it, and evetall wold't be able to tpe the letters puced by or trigger figer i.e. j, u, n, m, y, h.

Latest posts

Back