Stickbow shooters?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was young I bought a Howard Hill 70# lemon wood long bow. 'Bout ruint me! Lotta stack. I then went to a Wing hunter recurve until I faded away from the bow. But I love the cat quiver! And the Paint worthy picture. Thank you. Out Here

Great photos Ron. I still have a photo of you next to your Harley, in buckskin long coat, bear head hat, bow and back quiver. I saw that and others and saved it on my computer many years back when I first found the Leatherwall traditional archery site.
I keep saying one of these days I will have a Shrew Longbow. I have been shooting a Long River, Elk longbow, 60" by Gus DellaGhelfa from Conn. for years.
You have been an inspiration to many in the Traditional Archery groups.
Mike

I just saw where someone asked about the take down sleeve. Here are a few photos of that. I get my sleeves from a guy run Oregon. I think 3 Rivers Archery still sells them.
IMG_0803.JPG

fullsizeoutput_110.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_111.jpeg

IMG_1583.JPG

When I was young I bought a Howard Hill 70# lemon wood long bow. 'Bout ruint me! Lotta stack. I then went to a Wing hunter recurve until I faded away from the bow. But I love the cat quiver! And the Paint worthy picture. Thank you. Out Here
Mossie,
Back in the late '60's my father-in-law gave me a Fred Bear recurve. I taught myself to use it and loved the accuracy. Later on I switched to a compound. Wife bought it for me for Christmas. Shot that for a long time, then switched to CF & BP ML. The boys still have that Fred Bear and bring it out every so often.

Things have changed for me and I am now quite proficient with my longbows and self-bow. I have been practicing profusely for a year. I've been trying to get a deer for a few sits now but nothing yet. I am going to hunt exclusively with the longbow this year until I get one. Then I may use a flintlock or just keep bow hunting

Back