spinjag bullet loader and starter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watereeriver

Reaction score
anyone use spinjag bullet starter and spinjag bullet loader? If so what is your opinion of these products. Thanks

They work great. But if you get one, get a high quality one. I bought two cheap ones first and both of them broke at the base of the ramrod. My T/C one is still working great.

I have the .45 Spin Jag origional and a .50 Spin Jag loader. They work as advertised I guess, hard to see if the bullet is actually spinning. :shock:

Its around a $20 investment with shipping. I bought a bunch of TC lightweight ramrods which I cut to fit so the Spin Jags stay flush with the muzzle.
http://www.eabco.com/store/products/Tho ... 340-0.html

Or just give Spin Jag your ramrod length and gun info and they will make you one ready to roll.

I have the spinjig loader and starter and they work great have one for 45cal 50cal 52cal love them keep them cleaned and oiled and they will work for you

I've owned a Spinjag, Spinjag Loader and a Spinjag Starter for quite awhile now. I can't imagine loading and cleaning with anything else anymore after using them. AWESOME stuff!!

watereeriver said:
anyone use spinjag bullet starter and spinjag bullet loader? If so what is your opinion of these products. Thanks

I have had the Spin Jag Orginal - probably since they first came out. I use them on my range rods and now have several different caliber jags...

The Spin Jag Original is all I have and have never figured out a need for the other ones, unless maybe if you were shooting paper for money.

The only thing that's better is to make your own with needle bearings.

sabotloader said:
watereeriver said:
The Spin Jag Original is all I have and have never figured out a need for the other ones, unless maybe if you were shooting paper for money.

+1, I have also puchused a few as gifts i liked mine so well

Omega45 said:
...Or just give Spin Jag your ramrod length and gun info and they will make you one ready to roll.

This has been my only gripe. My Pro Hunter came with the rod that has the swivel handle on the end. I really like it for the extra hand hold for loading the tight-fitting sabot loads I use. I may get a Spin Jag for a range rod, but I can't see carrying the thing for hunting.

Has anyone purchased the 3-section ram rod? I can see the logic in carrying that for hunting. I might even consider removing the ram rod rings on the barrel to lighten things up a bit.

I bought the original Spin Jag and really like it. Then I bought a force gauge and modified a loading rod so I could seat my bullet/sabots to 90 pounds everytime. Since the sabot turns with the rifleing, the Spin Jag just makes sense.

guitarpicva
Every one has there own solution. I picked up a solid aluminium doll at the hard ware store squared the end mounted it vertically in the end mill table center bored and tapped , mounted the spin jag with a bit of blue locktight, then bored and tapped the other end so I could put a handle or jag or extension on it if I needed to. It works for me.

Back