Snakeheads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike3888

Reaction score
Now that the water has warmed up, snakeheads are pretty active. This is one of our hunt club members and the snakehead was caught out of my brothers pond. Eastern Shore Md. 12 lbs 30inches.

Attachments

• C932C0CA-F5ED-4458-ADCF-D415A6F85191.jpeg
    C932C0CA-F5ED-4458-ADCF-D415A6F85191.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 2
That’s a good size one I’ve seen bigger ones. I stocked that pond with smallmouth bass years ago and some hybrid strippers.They are all gone. Snakeheads are killers. I’ve personally never fished for them but the guy in the pic slays them out of there. He catches the majority on buzz baits. Hell I’ve seen them crossing the roads on my way to sika deer farm one ditch to the next. People say they are good eating. There is a group of guys I follow and they have gotten 40+ bowfishing the Potomac I hear rumors Maryland might make it a sport fish but who knows ,Maryland is so full of ****.

They are pretty much everywhere in Md. I’ve been in tree stand already near flooded marshes and have watched fry swimming around. Sure as heck got down and that’s what they were. It’s becoming an attraction here like sika deer. Lol.

Last edited:
Back