sighting in ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clap

Reaction score
I only have a 50 yard place to sight in at my house. Can I make it work or should I find some where else. If I can make it work what do i want to end up with on the target
Thanks in advance

That's about what I would suggest. That load should be shooting somewhere between 1650 and 1700 fps. About 2" high at 50 should put you close to dead on at 100 and about 7" low at 150.

Thanks guys, how do you figure that out is there a chart that I could use. I will shoot it today and get ready for next weekends season here in Pa. Just got the gun and am getting it ready for my son to use. My Encore is ready and waiting

I just found this site last week and love it, it is a wealth of info

Easy, They are all i with,so i have a decent amount of knowledge on the 195 on up to the 405s. I don't do much shooting past 150 yards so i can only help you out to that distance :lol:

Yeah, if anyone knows PowerBelts, it's Gander. I think he even sleeps with them in his undies. :wink: Anyway, the figures I posted were an estimate based on my chronographed loads out of a Lyman Mustang with 80 grains T7 under a 240 grain Hornady XTP in Harvester short sabot.

You can figure drop pretty accurately by shooting 50 and using charts.

You cannot assume a load accurate at 50 is accurate at 100 yds.

If all you can test is 50 yds, then limit your shots to that in the field.

Steve

I'm with Steve.

Sight in at 50 but make sure you double check at 100 and 150 if that's what your range will be.

I've just gone through a rigorous sighting-in episode and will verify that cutting holes at 50 can turn into 6+ inch groups at 100.

Latest posts

Back