SEMI-AUTO

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my optima i have the 50 cal barrel and the 270. One shot at a time is all i need but i have had two semi 30-06s in the past and a winchester 30-30.

I think next year i will be getting a marlin 444.

I almost purchased a Marlin Lever action Guide Gun in .450 caliber. The little gun shop had one and I was drooling all over it. I asked him if he'd take trade of a couple nice center fire rifles for it, but he did not want to go with a trade. It sure came up nice. I have no use for it, but it would have been fun to take in the yard and shoot. Although the shells are expensive.

A friend of mine has one in 45/70 and I was shooting that. Out to 100 yards (all we had at the range) that thing was deadly. It kicked a little bit, but was a lot of fun to shoot. And he said it is not really too big for deer. It just knocked them down fast.

black powder said:
just curious and would like a reaction from the title above [SEMI-AUTO]

do we realy need a semi for big game hunting ...???????

i got rid of all of my semi's and only use bolt action rifles and oh yes i even went one step further i am now into muzzleloading ,one shot at a time . and have started to enjoy that new sport ..hunting is now more interesting for me .one shot one kill ..

I will not answer a yes or no to the question because that is a personal choice. What I will say is I fully support your right to use one if you choose to.

If what you are really talking about is "Big Game Hunting" then my I would have to say that there have been occasions in my life when I have indeed thought that the right gun on the day would have been a semi. The one shot one kill thing doesnt always bear fruit. And we are all ethically inclined.

Back