savage breech plug wrench options

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzleloader74

Reaction score
who makes a breech plug wrench, that can be used without removing the bolt on the savage model 1o. i saw one once on the net and it looked like a small socket wrench. can you help me.
thanks terry

Is the Savage "EZ" Tool RV breech plug removal tool worth the $50??

Dave

Davexx1 said:
Is the Savage "EZ" Tool RV breech plug removal tool worth the $50??

Dave
In my opinion it is... I never have to break down the gun to get it and the plug assembly clean. Works just as advertised.

Why do I think it is worth it? I have a stock MLII, no 3rd pillar, no bedding... though I have replaced the OEM plastic with a Duramaxx but everything is the same as the OEM... once I have the barrel and action torqued in I sight it and that is it. I do not remove it from the stock or loosen the rear screw again until after the season... but with the EZ Tool I can remove the plug to maintenance it without messing with anything but the plug. Has worked for me because I got MOA with the OEM stock and with the Duramaxx.

Is this tool the only option for removing the breech plug without having to loosen the rear action screw??

I am new to the 10ML-II but know from other experience that movement of the barreled action can change the point of impact if not perfectly fitted when re-installed.

The custom tool is beginning to increase in value.

Dave1

Robby which version of the Durramax stock did you get? I see that midway sells them for 94.00 I gues I would need the savage 10 model and the varmint barrel version am I correct? Thanx John :D

Davexx1 said:
Is this tool the only option for removing the breech plug without having to loosen the rear action screw??

I am new to the 10ML-II but know from other experience that movement of the barreled action can change the point of impact if not perfectly fitted when re-installed.

The custom tool is beginning to increase in value.

Dave1
Do a final range check on a clean barrel,fire your 2-4 shots,leave it alone and go hunting and clean at the end of the season.

Joes said:
Robby which version of the Durramax stock did you get? I see that midway sells them for 94.00 I gues I would need the savage 10 model and the varmint barrel version am I correct? Thanx John :D

you are correct

Joes said:
I think the Duramaxx only comes in one configuration but in many different color choices...

DaveXX1,
the New Savage EZ Tool (RV) Ratcheting Version is $43.95 and not $50 as you have quoted and is made in the USA from tool steel as well as the very high quality combo breaker/ratchet that comes with it.

It's amazing these days how much things cost like shooting in general. It costs about $0.60 a shot minium for the bullet, sabot, primer and powder everytime you pull the trigger on a Sav10ML-II and some guys will literally shoot hundreds of rounds in search of the sub 1" group with little more to show for it than several paper targets that have a lot of holes in them and never bat an eye.

Then there's a handy little tool that will save you countless time on the range as well as in the field checking,maintaining and servicing your breechplug and ventliner that will guarantee your POI will stay the same by not removing the rear action screw and that will last a lifetime with proper use and care that can all be carried in your shirt pocket.

Quality, flexibility, piece of mind......$?? To each his own.

Pocampo

Sorry for the generally rounded up quote. Actual cost as stated on the website is $43.95 plus $4 S&H. Was just using round numbers.

Dave

Back