Savage 10ML-11

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need to know what primers I can use. Am about out of federal 209. Have CCI 209and CLERINOX CK2000 209. Also can I use HODGDON shotgun Powder? Thank You. Segg42

Hello Segg42 !! You can use any good reliable 209 primer. However do not use that powder. Go online and reread the 10ml 2 manual. They have 2 or three specific loads for that gun. Only use them because that is what it was designed for.. Other people strayed from that book and blew their guns and themselves up. That is why savage dies not sell muzzle loaders any more. If need the book loads for that rifle speak up and some people here will copy said pages and print here. Please follow the savage manual. Have a great day and be safe.. shorty

Hello Segg42 !! You can use any good reliable 209 primer. However do not use that powder. Go online and reread the 10ml 2 manual. They have 2 or three specific loads for that gun. Only use them because that is what it was designed for.. Other people strayed from that book and blew their guns and themselves up. That is why savage dies not sell muzzle loaders any more. If need the book loads for that rifle speak up and some people here will copy said pages and print here. Please follow the savage manual. Have a great day and be safe.. shorty
Hey Shorty Thank You very much. Heard from a well respected gunsmith on you tube. He said the exact same thing. Segg42.

There is another very good web site that has infinite information on the 10ml 2. Called Hanks message board. Please be careful and follow only savage approved loads. There great guns, congratulations and good luck. Always ask if you do not know for sure, a lot of help out there…shorty

Hello Segg42. How did you make out with your savage 10ml2? Did you find a load that worked for you? I had one for about 8 years and following Savages book loads was a good shooter. I killed a bunch of deer with that gun. Talk to us guys here, there are some that still shoot them and are very knowledgeable about them. Two things are a must is keeping the flame channel opened and watching the size of the vent liner hole. We shot n110 and pistol bullets that was a book load that worked really well. There is also a better selection of sabots now to fit the bore more precisely.
Have fun and be safe and keep us informed on your results. Shorty..

Here is the list of alternative loads for the ML2. They are off the Savage website. It is an excel worksheet. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Savage ML@ alternative loads.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
Back