Random thoughts on the future of inlines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was thinking the same. Havent seen it here tho. Pawn shops wont even take them in any more.
Different States means different things to people n seasons. Pawn shops here Mo. don't give much but try to buy one from them n the sticker shock will give you a nose bleed. With no ML/Primitive season here anymore, only us older die-hards still hunt with a ML i any season we can.

I, personally, would like to see all muzzle loader seasons restricted to traditional side locks with open sights and shooting only patched round ball.

As a newcomer, I can say that the unwelcoming attitude of "traditional" muzzleloader enthusiasts is a leading seller of inline guns. I actually wanted a Hawken until I started reading all that get off my lawn 21st century hermit stuff.

So you’ve visited the other ML forum?🤣
Yes, sir. I visited. I told them that it was stupid to call that the ml forum if it's just for fantasy role playing games. Then they banned me. Now, if I Google a question and the answer is on their site I have to go incognito. The hermits over there were so pleased with my banishment that they were rolling with laughter on the dirt floors of their living rooms.

That's what getting into muzzleloading has been like. I'm mostly still in the hobby out of spite. If there even are any primitives in my area, I want them to see my shiny new 80's gun out there this ml season. That'll make those primmies sad.

Well at the rate the various governments and agencies are going with over regulations and banning lead bullets etc. then hunting may be a dying pastime. Then the activist environmentalists getting unlimited funds to sue everyone to death. Plus toss in diseases like chronic wasting disease etc and it isn’t looking promising.

I agree that the younger generation will most likely adopt smokeless and straight wall cartridge muzzle loaders. I've been shooting a smokeless ML for 7 years now. Can't imagine ever having to go back to muzzle loader that needs to be cleaned. Not to mention I can shoot up to 400 yards with my smokeless. Can definitely see the ML landscape changing in the future!
Me too !

Yes, sir. I visited. I told them that it was stupid to call that the ml forum if it's just for fantasy role playing games. Then they banned me. Now, if I Google a question and the answer is on their site I have to go incognito. The hermits over there were so pleased with my banishment that they were rolling with laughter on the dirt floors of their living rooms.

That's what getting into muzzleloading has been like. I'm mostly still in the hobby out of spite. If there even are any primitives in my area, I want them to see my shiny new 80's gun out there this ml season. That'll make those primmies sad.
I said in another thread that if you’re in Houston I’m just a couple hours north of you, and I do live in a barn. However, it metal and has a concrete floor.🤣

I said in another thread that if you’re in Houston I’m just a couple hours north of you, and I do live in a barn. However, it metal and has a concrete floor.🤣

That sounds like a luxury barn. The animals must love it in there. So, you're up by the lakes? That's a nice area. A lot of people from far away are surprised to find out that the whole state isn't arid. I hunt in the Thicket to the east of you.

That sounds like a luxury barn. The animals must love it in there. So, you're up by the lakes? That's a nice area. A lot of people from far away are surprised to find out that the whole state isn't arid. I hunt in the Thicket to the east of you.
I’m a little north of Nacogdoches.

Well fellows I got a different look on alot of the stuff going on, to me it mostly a joke, deer get sick every year some die some recover, it's all for there interest to me, but I live in sticks, lol sell more tags Wipeout the deer just a old hillbillies view.

I sold my smokeless muzzleloader when Illinois went straight wall. As I told the buyer, smokeless muzzleloaders are no longer and interesting loop hole to me.
I don’t blame you. Unless you’re just a muzzleloader enthusiast, the straight wall cartridge is a heck of a lot easier, but I still say allowing them during ML season is ridiculous.

Yeah they kind of shot themselves in the feet by allowing straight wall cartridge guns to shoot in the muzzleloader part of the hunting season. That would pretty much kill it for many ML guys.

But I kind of like the big cloud of acrid smoke obscuring the target making it harder to figure out which way the deer jumped or if you really missed ‘em. Just something about black powder that still keeps me interested.

As a newcomer, I can say that the unwelcoming attitude of "traditional" muzzleloader enthusiasts is a leading seller of inline guns. I actually wanted a Hawken until I started reading all that get off my lawn 21st century hermit stuff.
Fyrstyk said:
I, personally, would like to see all muzzle loader seasons restricted to traditional side locks with open sights and shooting only patched round ball.

I would like to clarify my position on muzzle loader season. I don't care what type of muzzle loaders people use during the regular muzzle loader season. What I would like to see is a separate PRIMITIVE season for primitive (read sidelock) muzzle loaders using only iron sights and patched round ball. This would provide for another season to take deer, especially as deer numbers are increasing, but hunter numbers are declining.

I believe that PA will expand the muzzleloading season to include the after Christmas flintlock season. Since the Flintlock hunters can also hunt in the October muzzleloader season and plenty do, but the people with inlines cannot hunt in the after Christmas flintlock season but pay the same fees. It's a form of discrimination.

There's alot being talked about on this post.. I hunt every season bow (compound) modern(firearm) and muzzleloader (any loaded from the muzzle) . here in Indiana straight wall's are allowed everywhere but hi power rifles only on private land .. I personally don't hunt with a high power rifle anymore. Reason being is I do not get any enjoyment shooting deer out past 100 yards 150 yards. My son 16 loves hunting with are old sidekicks with open sights he will grab it over his 44mag most times and he hasn't killed alot of deer but he says it makes him feel like he is really hunting and not just shooting and killing..

I think muzzleloader season should be just that none of this smokeless or straight wall stuff there's not much Heritage in to hunting anymore.. It's all about the newest caliber and big racks..

Just my opinion..

Fyrstyk said:

I would like to clarify my position on muzzle loader season. I don't care what type of muzzle loaders people use during the regular muzzle loader season. What I would like to see is a separate PRIMITIVE season for primitive (read sidelock) muzzle loaders using only iron sights and patched round ball. This would provide for another season to take deer, especially as deer numbers are increasing, but hunter numbers are declining.
If you can get us 2 muzzleloader seasons I'll I'll get whatever type of 2nd gun they tell us to. No problem there.

Back