my first ML kill!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askoop

Reaction score
Got my first kill with a muzzleloader tonight. Started with the ML this summer. Traditions pursuit LT, thumbhole, nickle finish, burris 3-9x40, weaver rings and bases, 100 grains T7, Harvester crush rib, Harvester scorpion PT gold 260 grain, CCI primer. 60 yard shot, took out both lungs and the heart, full pass through. Ran 30 yards and piled up, I watched her fall!

took watching her for 1/2 hour with her fawns to get a clear, broadside shot that did not have one of her fawns directly behind her. She worked her way in from 125 yards when I first saw her to 60 when I shot her.

This side is the exit, which is a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it did the job. Will go back later and try to recover the bullet and see how it held up.
1stgunseason09006.jpg

1stgunseason09015.jpg

Great ,job my first muzzle loader kill was not to long ago and i will never forget it. I like that burris, i have one that hasnt given me any problems and it is very clear. :)

congrats on the very nice deer!still trying to get my first m/l kill ,your traditions is a good looking m/l.now is it to shoot,clean etc.my son wants one!

Congratulations on a very nice doe. I think that bullet did a great job with the blow out it caused. That is some good eating you have there.. Nice shot.

Back