Powder scales

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cry: When you guy's figure it out......just tell me what to buy. :roll:
Beam or electonic???.......electronic or beam??? what to buy?
:p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spit -

I got one of these awhile back and love it! RCBS ChargeMaster Combo a bit pricey... but fast, quick, reliable, speedy powder changes.. ALMOST idiot proof! ( and I should know )

I'll have a full review some day.. :oops:

Doohan said:
Spit -

I got one of these awhile back and love it! RCBS ChargeMaster Combo a bit pricey... but fast, quick, reliable, speedy powder changes.. ALMOST idiot proof! ( and I should know )

I'll have a full review some day.. :oops:

:lol: Doohan I can see you are a man with expensive taste in toys.
I unfortunately, don't have the bread to buy one. :( My next toy will be a good rangefinder so---I must apply some restraint in this area. Anyway, I will be looking forward to your review.

spit

Spitpatch said:

I've owned two PACTs, both had an issue with them, that being giving the same reading time after time! :shock:

I now have an old style Dillon D-Terminator and it's the best I've found. You can sometimes find them on ebay.

It's STILL hard to beat the balance beam scale. I like the Lyman 500 and RCBS 5-0-5 best.

Spit,

:D

I was in need of 2 items... so it really fit the bill. I didnt have a digital scale ( just had my 5-0-5 ) and I needed a good powder measure.

I could have easisly spent the same $ buying an RCBS mechanical powder measure and a pact digi scale..

Spitpatch said:

BEAM

Spitpatch said:

BEAM

BEAM[/quote]

:lol: OK, for a minute there I thought you said BEAM :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is interesting. I had(and still have) a Beam type and went to Digital. Never realized so many had trouble with the Digitals. I musta got lucky and got me good one! :lol:

One thing one may do to make your digital more consistant is to turn it own 30 minutes or so before weighing items. Many of them need to "warm up" a little before use.

hey Spitpatch are you confused yet? :shock: I've been looking for a scale too. I was'nt sure which one to buy. After all that I'm really lost. I think I'll start with a beam scale since there cheaper, I guess if that was the wrong way to go I'll have to up grade to electronical later. Atleast then I'll have a back up just incase.

JD said:
hey Spitpatch are you confused yet? :shock: I've been looking for a scale too. I was'nt sure which one to buy. After all that I'm really lost. I think I'll start with a beam scale since there cheaper, I guess if that was the wrong way to go I'll have to up grade to electronical later. Atleast then I'll have a back up just incase.

JD....I mentioned to a friend that I needed a scales and he just gave me one he had sitting around. :shock:

Its a Redding Beam scale.Slow but works great. Goes to 500 or so grains. I'm amazed at the weight differences of XTP 250's.

Spitpatch said:
JD said:

JD....I mentioned to a friend that I needed a scales and he just gave me one he had sitting around. :shock:

Its a Redding Beam scale.Slow but works great. Goes to 500 or so grains. I'm amazed at the weight differences of XTP 250's.

Great!! Looks like your problems are solved. Have fun measuring your loads. hope they all shoot great. 8)

Jon,

I have a 5-0-5 you can use till you "NEED" to buy one! I am not using it at the moment..

Plus, if you like... I can pre-measure about 50 or so loads of N110 or 5744 for ya.. ..

Or .. just buy a set of lee dippers for about $6 and forget the scales for now.. I have the savage set you can have as well...

This Saturday, I will go over all this with you and let you see your options.

If I was going to get a digital scale only, I would get a Dillon Terminator.. seems nice..

Doohan said:
Jon,

I have a 5-0-5 you can use till you "NEED" to buy one! I am not using it at the moment..

Plus, if you like... I can pre-measure about 50 or so loads of N110 or 5744 for ya.. ..

Or .. just buy a set of lee dippers for about $6 and forget the scales for now.. I have the savage set you can have as well...

This Saturday, I will go over all this with you and let you see your options.

If I was going to get a digital scale only, I would get a Dillon Terminator.. seems nice..

Cool !! I'm lookin forward to shootin saturday. 8)

Well I have to say it's digital 100% for me. I've used the balance or beam scales and while they work fine it's a much slower task. I have had absolutely no problems with my RCBS digital scales and I get the job done in a third of the time.

I have a Lyman digital that I like except for the slow warm up.

Back