Powder Prices Going Up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a gun shop in Superior Wisconsin that I like to deal with and will order stuff thru them occasionally. I spoke with them a week ago and was told to watch for this price jack. I stopped in Scheels this morning and a couple of buddies who work there, and I got into a gab fest when a fella from the shooting, guns and reloading area came over and got in on it. I asked if there was anything to this price increase and he said to buy now because as soon as this takes root, they'll be hiking their on-hand powder prices accordingly. I'm sitting pretty good on powder for maybe the next ten years but bought another jug of IMR 4198. He said the whole shebang is going up...guns, ammunition, reloading components, primer/caps. The .22 long rifle shelves were basically empty. I was going to grab a half dozen boxes of the CCI Quiet rounds, but none to be found. Apparently, word is out, and the serious hoarders are at it all ready.

Like I said, I can shoot regular for the next ten years without screwing myself, but age is creeping in on me so I fully intend to slow down a little this upcoming spring and summer.

Im set for life with209 primers, bh209, 4198, and 4759. I need a little more n110 and maybe some n120. I’ll probably just even trade the bh209 for gold at some point. I need to sell off some (if not all) of my registered guns, too. But i think i’ll wait and see if the value goes up high enough

Well that's bad on poor folks.

This is how rich tyrants will disarm the poor. Make it too expensive so only the rich can afford guns and supplies(to defend against being overthrown) Its a long term plan to rake in much $ and keep weapons out of reach of the masses.
My plan is to leave all my 2A parts to some folks that cant afford guns. My wife wont care as she would give them away anyhow.

This stuff is going to be bad n that's all there is to it. I can pick-up about 4-6 lb. of VV110 to go with the 3 i have on hand n make it for rest of my time. I will get myself 5-10 acres of land in Ala. this year to hunt on n live. I will do like most of y'all n invite them to breakfast n or supper. Plus some tree rats n good eating fish.

This stuff is going to be bad n that's all there is to it. I can pick-up about 4-6 lb. of VV110 to go with the 3 i have on hand n make it for rest of my time. I will get myself 5-10 acres of land in Ala. this year to hunt on n live. I will do like most of y'all n invite them to breakfast n or supper. Plus some tree rats n good eating fish.
When all else fails (road kill rules) ! Just kidding to ruff on the truck /Ed

Latest posts

Back