Poll: How many muzzleloaders do you currently own?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many muzzleloaders do you currently own?

• 1-6

• 7-12

• 13-18

• 19+

• Don’t ask - my wife may be reading this….

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have 3 inlines right now that are specific to BH209 powder: a Kodiak .45 and an Accura V2 .50 and an Optima Pistol at .50. I have a Patriot dedicated to smokeless and I have a couple T/C breaks and a couple T/C Impacts that I don't shoot. I have a few sidelocks that I only shoot one very rarely.

I was up to 20 something a few years ago. Once I realized my son was no longer interested in hunting or shooting them, I started letting some of them go. I am down to about a dozen now. I still have a few more I will be selling soon. Some I have not touched or shot in years with no desire to hunt with or shoot in the future.

The avitar to the left is my collection when I joined here. Even the Wolf was new to me at that time. I sold the Wolf and gave the TC Renegade away to someone who needed a gun. Now I have 7 Knights in addition to the two remaining plus an Investarms Hawken 58 cal. You all have been a lot of help with that. :roll:

I don’t even know anymore. I would guess around 20 but I’ve never counted them.
I think I have 10 inlines and one cap and ball revolver. All my sidelocks are Cherokee’s and Senecas and I’ve lost track of how many I have. I’m not any sort of collector, more of an accumulator.
Edit: I forgot I also have 3 Crockett rifles.

Last edited:
I have 3 inlines right now that are specific to BH209 powder: a Kodiak .45 and an Accura V2 .50 and an Optima Pistol at .50. I have a Patriot dedicated to smokeless and I have a couple T/C breaks and a couple T/C Impacts that I don't shoot. I have a few sidelocks that I only shoot one very rarely.
2 50's 2 45's all sidesaddle and tack drivers.

Seems like most of us have several or more. (And there are a couple members that have a very impressive collection. @knight shooter, @1874sharpsshooter)
I only have one..For years the only time I would use my ML was if I didn’t get a deer shot during rifle season. Last year I messed around and did too much goose hunting and didn’t get any thing shot… so the last morning of ML season I shot a nice little buck. I had forgotten how much fun the ML was.

I have 7.

4 White's
2 prototype models: 504 and 451
1 Lightning 504
1 Super 91 451

2 CVA's
Wolf 50 cal
Electra 50 cal haven't shot this one in about 10 years or so. Was a very good shooter with Barnes 250gr mz bullets, crush rib sabots and 90 grs T7 2 f. Never got crud ring with it.

1 Knight

BK 92

I would like to add a modern bh209 burner. Maybe a woodman .45 1 in 18 or a knight ultralight. Unfortunately and stupidly 40 cals are not legal for deer hunting in the Hoosier state.

Last edited:
6 currently,

Lyman deerstalker 50 cal left hand flintlock
Investarms 50 cal plains rifle style lefty flintlock
For PA primitive arms season

Cva optima v2 50 cal with peep sights that my son uses for YHEC
Cva paramount htr 45 cal
T/C omega 50 cal

And a cap and ball revolver for good measure

I’m currently at 7…3 TC Hawkens, 2 Knight MK85’s, a Knight original DISC, and a NULA that needs a new barrel.

I’ve done most of my hunting with a crossbow over the last several years, and I‘ve been thinking about selling off all but a couple of the muzzleloaders. None of my kids have any desire to learn to muzzleloader hunt.

When I was passing through Tenn after getting out of the USMC I stopped at Dixie Gun Works and literally went crazy overboard and bought a bunch of muzzleloaders. This was many years ago and the things were dirt cheap at the time. I off and on added to the collection too. So I wound up with quite a few so far.

Latest posts

Back