Renegade 50 @ the Dinger Farm...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Got to run out to the Farm today to get a few shots in with the PRB gun.... Took a rookie ML shooter with me and he actually did most of the shooting - I think he is hooked - somebody just has to set the hook...

Semi I used your Olive oil patches for the first few shoots - the worked well... thanks for the tip...

Anyway we set up a paper target at 50 yard and put some hole in that. The wind was blowing up the draw pretty good but shooting paper got boring so I ran some clay pigeons out to 50 yards. I popped one and Nic popped the other two... 50 yards was not a problem so I put three up at 75-80 and Nic ran them also... He and that gun just flat out shoot. He made one shot a 75 yards that you really could only see about 1 1/2 of the bird... broke it to bits...

So I think the gun is ready for the first shoot of the season for me... The 'Spring Fling' in Orofino - April 11... Should be a lot of fun...

It sounds like a fun day. Good luck at the upcoming shoot.

Thanks for bragging me up!! Now I have to preform like that all the time!

I am hooked, thanks to you. I cant wait to attend my first shoot and see how I stack up against others. Thank you for being a patient coach and showing me the ropes. See you soon!

OH NO!!! Another poor unfortunate soul has succumbed to the madness. Will it never end?

Welcome Avenger. The traditional greeting at the meeting is "Hi, my name is Avenger and I'm a muzzleloader addict".

Semi

Oh - i think he is hooked - he is a former Marine and I really didn't think that he would buy into the slow shooting of shooting a ML. A couple of weeks ago I was shooting in the Rock pit he and his finacee's family were also shooting semi pistols while I was shoothing the Renegade.

Well we got to talking and a i asked him if he wanted to shoot a muzzleloader, he sat right down and picked off a a 50 yard bird. I congratulated him and he said his sniper training helped. Here he is a full blown gun nut and his financee is 'anti' gun but she came along to take pictures of the family. I tryed to get her to shoot Nic's 22 but - she was not interested... So she has earned the nickmane 'anti-Bri' from me

After they got home that first weekend apparently Nic made a nusiance of himself talking to 'anti-Bri' about shooting a ML.... Well she headed off to work this past Saturday - I called him on the phone and he came over - we went shooting ML's most of the afternoon.... Can not wait to talk to 'anti-Bri' again i wonder how much she has heard about ML shooting now!!! and when his new to him Renegade arrives this week that wiil start a whole 'nother round of discussions I am sure.

Sabotloader.... your just a trouble maker. I like it. :D

Latest posts

Back