planted thing today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
planted 9 honey locus trees and 25 golden current bushes to day. had a late lunch of one hardboiled egg and radishes and green onions from the garden. got lots of rhubarb so must make some nice sauce in the next couple of days. i have a huge gooseberry bush in full bloom so should get lots of goose berries. goose berry bushes grow like nuts in this area if watered and taken care of. so do wild golden currents. wild golden currents are the best wild fruit of them all. have to large june berry bushes. they produce berries that are very high in iron and copper. make great pies. related to rose hips but in a berry form. they grow well in norther USA and up into canada. my bali pie chrries are in full blum and should give me lots of cherries. my canadian wild plums came into full blum this year for the first time, should give me lots of wild plums. make the best jam you ever tasted. got some buffalo berries that might bloom also, if so makes a good jam also. i only have my peppers and winter squash and basil to plant then im all done planting. mongol wild apricots havent blumed yet which is strange yet as they bloom in early april every year, no blooms yet if at all. choke cherries are very late which means i will get a lot of choke cherries. make wonderful jelly or topping for pancakes. best flowers ive ever seen. planted a lot of crown vetch to cover spots i dont want to weed. stop by and see my green spot in the wilderness. you are welcome. cant wait for my currents in two years to produce as they are the best of the best. if you want something that produces heavy and you have the room, plant golden wild current and give them space and water and you will get alot back. check out the web site for lincoln oaks nursery at bismark n.dak. they have them in stock and they dont cost much.

a flock of yellowheaded black birds visted my yard and stayed for a while. the siberian pea trees are blooming and lots of bumblebees are visiting the flowers. if you want to attract bumble bees to your place plant siberian pea trees. the bumble bees will stick around after the bloom and pollinate your garden better than honey bees. hasnt rained for a couple of days so the watering is started. dries out fast in this high country. my gooseberry bush by my gun shed is huge. 12 ft tall with and 8 ft spread. must like the cow manure i planted it in. gets watered with the lawn also. full of flowers, may get lots of berries this year. see snakes of all sizes every day, just the garder type so far. some of them get very big. cukes and melons are growing well on my big round straw bales. starting to vine out.

Ok here people hate honey locus trees .

Black Locus and Osage Orange not so much.

oneshot

we plant what will grow in this high windy dry country, not much grows here, planted 30 more wild golden current bushes to day. thats it for this year. best wild berry you will ever ever eat. the berry is as big as marbles and does it ever taste good. my pie cherries bloomed late so may get tons of them, really love them also. i wonder if this wild stuff would grow where our austrailian friends live? they may need to import some seedlings if they think they could grow their. i sent a lot of stuff to a internet friend in italy, and he planted it all. now he is going to have wild american fruit also. sharing is a wonderful thing.

Here we have many Wild Fruits but have to beat the Deer and turkeys to them. Also have Wild Greens and Mushrooms.

oneshot

planted about 20 or so hills of winter squash to day. 3 different kinds but all the same type. i want them to mix and marry up and ill pick the best for my replanting of the mixed type. i planted baby blue hubbard, pink banana and arikara n.dak native squash. they are the type that can mix and marry. the sioux from pine ride love winter squash. if i get a bumper crop my wife has a lot of native RN friends and she gives the extras to them. they love them. every thing is in the ground and now it is a lot of praying to keep the hail away. my neighbor and he is also our mail man has a lot of winter wheat.he tells me every year to keep praying for God and his Son to keep the hail away from our land and God does.

Back