Pistol and Revolvers, OH MY!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanshi

Reaction score
I want to eventually get a '62 Colt Pocket Police mostly as a woods carry gun while hunting; great for those "coup de grace" shots.  Right now I only have one pistol, a very nice flintlock.  Weight isn't bad but length and bulk make it a chore for a squirt like me to pack; even though I have a great leather holster made just for these type pistols.  I've own only 2 c&b revolvers; a Rem 1858 NM Army and just a few years ago a particularly accurate Rogers & Spencer, both .44.  My pistol is a .50, supremely accurate and can kick with any but light target loads.  It's a perfect match for my .50 flint rifle.

No particular reason for this post; just wanted to talk about handguns.

PICT0369_1_zps544bf87a.jpg
7405ae69_0012_4efa_886d_2651c9c08aae_zpswsnzqleq_1.jpg

it is now doubt as for me that is the best flint lock handgun ive ever seen. the design is perfect in my mind. as to the rogers and spencer handguns, have you ever thought about a conversion cylinder in 45 long colt for one of them. they are available and work very well.

Both revolvers are long gone; the 58 in the early 70s and the R&S several years ago.  The Pocket Police is the only one I'm currently interested in; but maybe, just maybe...

you can get a cartridge cylinder for that one also. if you dont reline the barrel you can use deep hollowbased lead bullets and they will expand to fit your bore.

That might end up being a very good idea when I get one of them.

Latest posts

Back