Percussion Cane shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came across this and have no idea as to value or who made it. There are no markings and it is in pretty good condition. Tell me what you can. Ill Post photos in a few.

Attachments

• IMG_3549.jpeg
    IMG_3549.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3550.jpeg
    IMG_3550.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3551.jpeg
    IMG_3551.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3552.jpeg
    IMG_3552.jpeg
  • IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
  • IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Buy a rubber chair leg/foot protector and drill a hole in the end.
Great for protecting cane muzzles.
Think if you ensure a slightly loose friction fit you could fire with it in place like an AR muzzle cover

Fortunately for the OP it is percussion - if it took cartridges then it would be an AOW which would be worth 10 years in fed and 10k fine unless you have the approved tax stamp ;)

I came across this and have no idea as to value or who made it. There are no markings and it is in pretty good condition. Tell me what you can. Ill Post photos in a few.
Nice!

I just saw one of these, an "antique" version called "Day's Patent Pecussion Cane Gun" sell at auction for $900.

But I am not sure if yours is that old.
(Pre 1898)

Think if you ensure a slightly loose friction fit you could fire with it in place like an AR muzzle cover

Fortunately for the OP it is percussion - if it took cartridges then it would be an AOW which would be worth 10 years in fed and 10k fine unless you have the approved tax stamp ;)
What does AOW mean and what makes the cane illegal if it held cartridges thx

What does AOW mean and what makes the cane illegal if it held cartridges thx
AOW is "any other weapon" which anything disguised as some other object - like a cane gun or pen gun - as well as a few other things (vertical fore grip on a pistol etc). And requires a tax stamp to make or have one transferred to you... just like a machine gun, suppressor or short barrel rifle

Muzzle loaders are exemt from NFA regulations

AOW is "any other weapon" which anything disguised as some other object - like a cane gun or pen gun - as well as a few other things (vertical fore grip on a pistol etc). And requires a tax stamp to make or have one transferred to you... just like a machine gun, suppressor or short barrel rifle

Muzzle loaders are exemt from NFA regulations
Thx for explaining

Latest posts

Back