Omega trigger replacement

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishegg

Reaction score
I have an early version Omega with a broken trigger. I have a replacement triger and am fairly mechnically inclined. Does anyone have any advice or resources to aid me in replacing the trigger, please? I've searched the web and there is some discussion but details are fairly weak. Just a little nervous with alll the springs involved and wanting it to go back together well and work properly. I'm in Northeast MA and may consider going to the right gunsmith as well. Thank you.

I have disassembled the Omega trigger assembly’s many times. It’s not at all hard but there are a few small tricks to make it easier. Before you start just get a good look and understanding of what goes where. Maybe even take a few photos before you start.

Remove the entire assembly from the barrel (the two blue pins in the attached diagram). Start at the forward end and work back towards the hammer when removing pins. (I’ve never tried it, but you may be able to remove the trigger only and replace it without removing the link.) Drive the pins out the right side of the action and replace in the opposite direction. Using a bench pin tool really helps me get the trigger assembly back in. That is really the only semi-tricky step. If you remove the link, I’d mark the nut position first with a silver sharpie so that you don’t inadvertently spin the nut out of place on it and loose the proper action lock up pressure.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me with any detailed questions.

Here are the tools I use.

49D7E385-EC62-43C2-B00E-A6B02A694B29.jpeg

D9AD33AE-C325-4354-8272-2ADF8E910578.jpeg

Thanks, I knew about the pin direction. Aren't they splined on one end? I also picked up extra springs and pins. I hadn't realized I would have to remove from the barrel. Will definitely be one of those things I stare at a 1000 times before I start the tear down. I have a set of drift pins.

Yes - knurled on one end. I suppose you could replace the trigger while the action is still on the barrel but I think it’s easier to work on when you take it off. (Taking it off is the east part of the whole operation.) if it’s an older rifle you may have a bit of gunk in there too. Good to get it all apart and cleaned up. If you’ve got another trigger spring maybe replace that too? (Or lighten it up a little while you’ve got it out.)

I have an early version Omega with a broken trigger. I have a replacement triger and am fairly mechnically inclined. Does anyone have any advice or resources to aid me in replacing the trigger, please? I've searched the web and there is some discussion but details are fairly weak. Just a little nervous with alll the springs involved and wanting it to go back together well and work properly. I'm in Northeast MA and may consider going to the right gunsmith as well. Thank you.
Where did you find your replacement trigger?

Latest posts

Back