Bestill Omega Custom Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The plug works in any of the Omega rifles, and makes a perfect seal in every Omega rifle. It has been a year now, and the plug still works good. Flash hole still measures 0.034". Just used the 45 Omega sealed with Jeff' plug to catch Ed' 340i bullet four times.

Was using Jeff' plug whilst hunting with the Omega Dream Season, and it put a deer into our freezer.

Jeff is a fine mechanic.
I want to update something I said in my initial post #1 in this thread. Yes, the wheels of progress move really slowly at my place.
There I stated that while the Bestill BP sealed well in my stainless steel Omega, it leaked badly in another one. In this second rifle, I later learned that there was a poor fit (apparently from the factory) between the breech face of the barrel and the breech block. This issue is fully described in my thread entitled "Omega Question" dated April 15, 2020 (sorry, I don't know how to show the link).
When that problem was corrected, and after firing about 25 rounds, the BP seals up perfectly well. So I agree with RonLaughlin that it works well in multiple Omegas.
Hats off again to Bestill for a great product!

Back