Omega 45cal 1:28 twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up an Omega in 45, was hoping to get lucky on a fast twist but no dice. I’m wanting to shoot this sabotless and will be using BH209. What loads are you guys using?

Was thinking about trying the Fury 265gr STB. Anyone tried this in a 1:28? Or maybe a Parker BE 275?

Just looking for a starting point without wasting money on bullets that I can’t use. Or if I should should stick to some Barnes 195 or Hornady 200gr in a light blue?

Parker BE will shoot. One of the inline shooters at Friendship was shooting the 275gr in a 1-30 before getting the special order Mountaineers in 1-20.

I shoot the NoExcuses 460 in my 45 1:20 Omega. On 60grV bh209. I have a box of the 265 STBs but the only 45 i have slower than 1:20 is a Knight 45 1:30. I might give them a try in it. They will most likely shoot fine in a 1:28.

I shoot the NoExcuses 460 in my 45 1:20 Omega. On 60grV bh209. I have a box of the 265 STBs but the only 45 i have slower than 1:20 is a Knight 45 1:30. I might give them a try in it. They will most likely shoot fine in a 1:28.

I was figuring they would, was just hoping someone else had tried them. So I wasn’t wasting time and money. Wouldn’t mind finding 1 bullet that I could shoot sabotless in the 45 and in a sabot in a 50.

If you try it out sometime soon, please let me know. I’ve seen guys shooting them in CVA’s with a 1:22 barrel with great results.

Im out of BH209, I switched to smokeless about 8yrs ago and give all of it to hunting buddies and now, it’s impossible to find. Not to mention I’m sending both my Omega’s to Bestill to have him install a bushing plug and do a trigger job. So, gonna be a minute before I get a chance to try anything.

Latest posts

Back